Pogues are Leeches

I decided not to go to the Sherrifs office, and honestly Im not sure why. I think my dad was right, it would be useless and after all Rafe is a Cameron and that title has its benefits which includes getting any charge dropped since almost all the cops are under Ward's payroll.

I'm still crashing at the chateau and I love it here, I have never felt this welcomed and loved before. The night I came back from my parents house I apologized to Kie after our argument and even thought she was right, I wasn't ready for the truth.

Sarah had to go home, her dad wasn't aware she was seeing John but thanks to my dad, Ward knows that Sarah and I are hanging with the pogues. Still, Ward can't say no to Sarah, so he keeps asking if we are okay and if we need anything.

Rafe has been calling and texting non stop since that night. I was gonna cave in after the 40th ' Im sorry, i wont do this again. Please forgive me, i love you' message, but my friends kept saying this was Rafe being manipulative.

I love him, what he did was horrible I love him. Was it because I turned down the proposal? Rafe has changed and I can't figure out why. My friends think I'm crazy for thinking Rafe has an ounce of a soul but they haven't seen the Rafe I fell in love with.

So instead of crying myself to sleep every night, JJ is being a really good friend and setting up the bonfire outside the chateau and making me smores (with beer of course).

It was around 11 AM and Topper texted me to meet him at the country club. So i got ready in John B's room and made my way outside where my friends were sitting on the porch.

"Going on a date?" JJ teased.

"Actually I'm going to see Topper" I replied. "Has anyone seen Sarah lately? She's not answering her phone. I'm not sure what I should tell Topper if he asks about her?"

They all looked at each other suspiciously. "Uhm she's home probably". John B replied.

"Okay, what's going on?" No one replied so I turned to face JJ. "JJ. Spill".

"Okay fine, she's in mainland"

"Mainland? We were going in a few days. I have the access card in my purse" and then it hit me, I started looking through my wallet and noticed thr card was missing.

"I can't believe you" I scoffed and started walking away from the group.

"Elle, Elle wait. It was my idea, I thought if your dad or Rafe were tracking you through your cards, they would find out where you are and they might show up"

"No, you lied to me. All of you did. And you used me."

"I was trying to protect you I swear"

I scoffed. " i dont need you to protect me". I got inside my car and started to drive away.

* At the country club*

"Hey, sorry im late " i greeted Topper with a hug.

"Dont worry about it, i missed you. How have you been? How come I never see you these days." Topper pulled the chair to my seat.

"Uhm well, after the breakup I just needed some time away from everyone"

"I get that, Rafe has been MIA as well, Im actually worried about him"

"How is he? Have you seen him?"

"He's not well. He misses you and loves you so much Elle. So if there is any way that you guys can solve this please talk to him, dont let this be the end for both of you for some pogue..."

"Wait what? A pogue? Is that what he said?"

"No but it doesn't take a genius to put the pieces together, you break up with Rafe and start having sleepovers with JJ"

I scoff. " JJ has nothing to do with this, no one does. "

"Good, these pogues are leeches Elle, they want our money and status, dont let a pogue ruin a good relationship between two people"

I nodded, I can't help but wonder if he was talking about me or him and Sarah.

After spending the day with Topper, he convinced me to go home. He was right, I was abandoning my brothers who need me the most. And after the pogues used me today, Im not sure I can trust them. So thats what I did, I went home. I knocked at the door waiting for a reply.

"Elle?" My dad greeted me.

"Hi dad, can I get in please?"

"Of course sweetheart, we missed you"

*third pov*

Richard's plan to bring his daughter home worked.

"Thank you Cynthia for today, tell Topper thank you for bringing Elle home. I transferred you the money just now"