John B is the worst wingman

*JJ POV*

*JJ POV*

I came back running to the chateau after work to see my friends.

"Hey everyone what's up." I said as the boys and Kie were sitting around the bonfire.

"What got you in a good mood JJ?" John B wondered.

"My boss asked me to bartend at some kook party next week and he's paying DOUBLE man, he also asked me if my friends are interested in taking the job, just for the night, its kinda a big deal and they need a lot of staff"

"Who's party is it?" Pope asked.

"Im not sure, but does it really matter? Theyre paying DOUBLE, so who's in for making extra cash baby?" I playfully pushed Pope's shoulders.

Ofcourse I knew who's party is it, its Richard Carter's party, Elle's dad.

"I can't , pops need some help with cleaning shrimps" Pope replied.

"I'm in, sign me up JJ" John B gave in.

"That's my boy" I stood up and went to jump on him causing both of us to fall on the ground.

I was glad John B agreed to come with me to the party, he knows about my 'slight' obsession with Elle, I mean they all do and they tease me about it all the time but he's different, he actually gets it, maybe because he also likes Sarah Cameron. Elle Carter and Sarah Cameron, two blondes from figure eight. How could this turn badly? Oh yeah, they have psychotic, pogue-hating boyfriends. Absolutely nothing to be worried about.

*At the party*

John B and I walked to this new beach club and saw the sign "Happy 40th Alison Carter".

"So that's why we are here, to see Elle?" John B grabbed my shoulder and ruffled my hair.

"Nope, I had no idea it's her parents party but I'm not disappointed either". I tried fixing up my hair that I washed 3 times because I didn't like how it looked.

I actually put some effort in my appearance today, because maybe just maybe Elle will finally notice me today and totally realize choosing Rafe was a bad idea and then we can run to Vegas and get married.

"JJ—take the champagne to Richard's table" My boss pulled me out of my thoughts.

Oh shit, Richard's table aka the table where Rafe and Elle were sat, Rafe had his arm around her and she had her hand on his thigh, they were all laughing and talking to each other, I was staring at them for way too long with a champagne bottle in one hand and two glasses in the other.

"JJ, I can take it if you want" John B interrupted my thoughts.

"No it's fine, you go back to staring at Sarah" I winked at him and made my way towards the table.

Richard noticed me first. "Oh, finally the champagne is here"

"Richard, this is like the 5th bottle we had already" His wife told him, and by the looks of It she was drunk.