Will you be my date?

It has been a week since the party and Harlan was no where to be seen or heard from

It has been a week since the party and Harlan was no where to be seen or heard from. I sat in my bed alone while I was staring at the hundreds of text messages I sent him, I know he saw them since he left me on seen but I still didn't understand why he was mad at me. I threw my phone on my bed and kicked my blanket off to go downstairs for breakfast. I saw my mother and my younger brother in the kitchen.

"Morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" My mother asked me as she handed me my coffee.

"I slept okay". I smiled at her as I kissed my brother's head and sat beside him while he was eating cheerios. "Morning Robbie".

"Mum have you seen Harlan recently" I asked.

"No baby why?"

"I don't know, he hasn't been home recently and he's ignoring my texts and I feel like something is wrong with him"

"He's a teenager Elle, teenagers do these things to get attention."

"I don't think he wants attention mum, I'm worried about him."

"I will ask the Sherriff to find him, I don't want you to worry okay?"

I nodded.

"Are you going to Rafe's today?." Robbie asked me.

"Yeah why?"

"Can I come with you? I promised Wheezie I would teach her how to play Roblox."

"Ofcourse you can, Im leaving in an hour so go get ready"

He jumped off the counter happily and ran up the stairs excited to go see Wheezie.

My mom and I looked at each other smiling at the little boy.

"Looks like you and Rafe won't be the only Cameron/Carter couple." She laughed.

"Oh god mum please don't encourage this they're still kids, kids have crushes and for all we know they're just good friends."

"Are you talking about you and Rafe or your brother?" she questioned.

"Both I guess."

"You cant seriously be upset about that still, you and Rafe are the most beautiful couple on the island and you are perfect for each other, and if your dad and I didn't push you to go out with him you wont ever see that"

"so you did this for me? Not to help dad right?" I questioned bitterly. 

"Okay I wont deny that business with Ward was helpful, but it was Ward who put the idea into our heads, when you two get married our wealth is for you two not for some stranger you end up with, and it's not like you two didn't like each other before."

The issue wasn't whether I had feeling for Rafe before or not, it's how much our parents are controlling of our lives, I mean ofcourse I liked Rafe he was my best friend's older brother and for some reason he was always protective of me.

"Maybe you should focus more on Harlan's future than worrying about mine"

"Ellie im done with this conversation, go shower and get dressed, I'm going to meet Rose at the club."

*At the Cameron house*

I was sitting on Rafe's bed while he was on top of me kissing my neck.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you look?" He whispered in my ear.

"Hmm, always"

"Good, cause you're the prettiest girl in the whole island" he stopped kissing my neck and went back to look into my eyes before kissing my lips one more time and went to lay down beside me as we continued to watch the movie that we weren't previously paying attention to.

It was currently 11pm, I was still on Rafe's bed and my mum picked up Ronnie a while ago.

"Do you know what's going on for your mum's birthday?" Rafe asked me.

"Yeah, my dad planned a surprise party for her on Saturday night. I think this is gonna be the best one yet, he went all out and got her own beach club, he showed me pictures yesterday it looks amazing."

"I know, I went with him to view it 2 months ago." He said proudly. 

My dad and Rafe are pretty close (closer than Ward and Rafe if you ask me), so it didn't shock me that my dad asked Rafe to join him, both men had good taste in real estate (and women).

"If you know everything then why are you asking me what's planned? You know it all don't you Mr. Cameron". I chuckled.

"Because Ellie Belly you haven't asked me to be your date to the party yet?"

"You're such a dumbass I swear, I don't need to ask you, you're my boyfriend so you're automatically my date".

"I still didn't hear you ask me to be your date?"

I laughed at how stubborn he is." Fine" I sat on top of him. "Will you, Mr. Cameron be my date to my mum's birthday party?"

He looked into my eyes. "I would be honored".

A/N

ELLE AND JJ WILL HAVE THEIR FIRST ENCOUNTER NEXT CHAPTER ( or is it really their first?👀)

Also, I wanna show the good side of Rafe and Elle's relationship before they hit rock bottom.

JJ and Elle is kinda a slow burn.