I would never leave you, I promise

Elle and Rafe at Midsummers

It's Midsummers, the kook event of the year, where every kook on the island shows up in their designer clothes and shows off how good their business is doing this year. This is supposed to be my fourth year attending with Rafe as my date but this time, it just wasn't as exciting. Sarah is still hanging out with John B, and Rafe is being Rafe.

*Last week*

I was walking back and forth nervously in Rafe's room waiting for him to show up, it has been an hour since Ward Cameron greeted me at the door, he had informed me that Rafe wasn't home but I insisted on waiting for him in his room.

"Finally, where the hell have you been?" I stopped pacing around when he walked into his own bedroom.

"What the fuck Elle! You scared me" he looked surprised.

"Answer my question Rafe! WHERE WERE YOU?". I walked beside him as he was going through his drawer for a change of clothes.

"Why are you acting like a psycho Elle. Leave me alone" He scoffed and went inside the bathroom to probably take a shower.

"No no no, don't walk away from me. Please. I need you to tell me what is going on." I followed him inside the bathroom as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Please baby, talk to me. If I did something wrong, just tell me. I will try and –". But before I could finish my sentence I felt his strong grip around my neck pushing me backwards to hit the wall behind me.

"I said leave me ALONE" He hit my head back against the wall as his grip tightened more around my neck, I was convinced he left bruises.

He angrily left the bathroom and I slid down the wall crying silently as I hugged my knees closer to my chest, it took me a while before I mustered enough strength to get up and look at my myself in the bathroom mirror.

I looked horrible, I had mascara smeared all over my face, and I was actually correct about my assumption earlier, he left bruises along my neck, so I grabbed a hoodie from Rafe's closet and left the house.

I decided not to go home, so I just mindlessly walked around the island I got pulled from my thoughts when I heard people laughing around me, that's when I realized I was in the cut, specifically outside The Wreck, a restaurant owned by Kie's parents, it looked closed but the lights were still on and there were 4 people sitting beside the window eating, laughing and drinking.

I didn't realize I was staring at the group until I made eye contact with a certain blonde pogue, so I started to move backwards before completely turning around as I started to walk away from The Wreck.

"ELLE! WAIT UP" I heard him yell.

"Shit" I muttered under my breath, but that didn't stop me from continuing to walk away from him.