1: The Smiling Warrior

3rd person pov:

The year is 1620 and the country of Japan is at peace. Thanks to the samuri that walk the streets. Here in this little town is one warrior that shines above them all. 

As civilians shop at the local market. Woman are heard chattering in whispers. The sound of wooden shoes clacking causes people to look. That's when they see the palanquin coming through. A wheel less way for those in power to travel without being seen. Two people can be seen through the fabric. However, that doesn't have their attention. Everyone looks at the blonde Samuel that guards it. With a piece of sweet grass in his mouth to chew. The warrior glares over at the people with a soft smile. Golden eyes shimmer in the light of day like sun colored gems.

"Did you see the hotty?"

"That must mean that the Shogun's son is in there."

"I heard that the samuri refuses to leave his master's side. Such loyalty is romantic-"

As a young girl says that. Her grandmother smacks her on the head with a fan.

"Less yaping and more work. I swear kids these days think it's soooo easy. If you lived during war. You wouldn't be so care free."

As the girl with pink hair gets back to work. The warrior sees two kids chasing a temari across the road. So he runs over and grabs both of the boys to put them out of harms way.

Izu:"Thank you mister!"

Baku:"One day I'll become a samuri too. Then I can return the favor."

With a smile. The samuri pats their heads and gets back into position. Only to hear a deep voice.

Enji:"Don't leave your position again. We could've been attacked while you touched the trash. Just let them be."

Tou:"You're being harsh. He was only trying to-"

The young man stops talking when his father glares down at him.

Tou:"Sorry for speaking out of place."

Enji:"Hm. How much longer do we have?"

Keigo:"We're almost there sir. Within the hour we'll be back home."

Enji relaxes by stretching his legs.

Enji:"Wake me up when we arrive."

Once asleep. Touya leans over to talk to his protector.

Tou:"How are they?"

Kei:"Not a single scratch on those kids."

Tou:"What a relief. You did good today. Let's celebrate with a drunk when we return."

Kei:"As you wish master."

Once at the palace. Enji wakes up to head inside. While keigo helps his master out.

Enji:"Tomorrow we need to have a talk about your bride to be. So be prepared for a lecture."

Touya bows in silence before heading up to his room for dinner. It is there that a table full of food waits for them to eat. Keigo samples each dish for poison before giving the okay to eat.

Tou:"Can you believe it's been ten years now?"

Keigo poors his master's drink for him.

Kei:"It's hard to believe. Ten years since you took me in."^I political hostage to insure my father obeys enji todoroki. Only for him to run away  from his duty. I was gonna be killed in his place, but you saved me. By taking me in. You made me your brother in arms. Now I protect you and you alone.^

As touya poors keigo a drink. Both raise their cups in celebration of another day at peace.

After eating. Both get ready to rest for the night. As touya lays on his bed. Keigo sleeps in the same room, but on his own futon with his sword by his pillow.

When the birds first song plays in the morning. Keigo wakes up before first light. He heads outside to the garden by Touya's room and strikes at a post with a practice wooden sword. Each strike he puts his all into. Then he does pull ups before undoing his robes. As he doesn't want to over heat. Now Shirtless, he jumps up on the bamboo bar to do sit ups. His legs hooked over the bar to help him lift himself up. Once his elbows touch his knees. He repeats until to sun cracks first light. After that, keigo grabs his sword and heads out for a bath. He gets the fire started and after the water is warm. He hops in.

After that, the blonde finishes his morning routine by getting dressed in clean clothes and heads back to Touya's room to silently polish his blade.  Many different wetstones are used with oil and powder to polish it like new. As keigo dabs the blade with powder. Someone silently comes up behind him and pulls the cloth off Keigo's head to help take care of his hair and put it up for him.

Tou:"Must you always wake up so damn early?"

Kei:"I have to stay in shape in order to protect you."

Tou:"I know that much. What I don't understand is why you haven't ever took a single day off to relax. Keep this up and you'll have more wrinkles them my old man. Done."

Keigo's hair is put up. However the warrior refuses to lift his head.

Kei:"I fo it because my whole reason for living is- never-ending. Get ready. We mustn't keep your father waiting."

As keigo stands up and sheeths his sword. Touya sees Keigo's blushing face reflected on it. So he smiles.

Tou:"Yeah yeah, I'm on it."