8: Sniff Out The Survivor

A//N: reference map I'm using for locations above.

3rd person pov:

As the warrior rests. Shigaraki is on a boat that's heading to Osaka just as they set out on the water. A dark figure jumps on board.

Shigaraki waits at the front of the vessel. As Toga bows to him.

Toga:"I have returned with news."

Shigaraki:"Is the pest dead?"

Toga:"He killed makia. However, due to his injuries. He's in a weakened state. Now is the time to strike. If you wish to claim his head for your master."

Shig:"That's enough. I paid you to protect me. Now be a good dog and follow. We need to head to kyoto and tell the boss about what's going on. Losing a Samurai like makia is a huge hit, but gaining support will be more profitable in the end."

Because Toga has lost an arm up to her elbow. Her two rings around her forearm are visible. The tattoo of a thief. While the hair over her forehead moves in the wind to reveal another tattoo. Four strokes meaning four kills to make the sign for dog.

As night falls. Shigaraki is woken up to a h3avy smell of smoke. The moment he opens his eyes and gasps for air. He sees Toga straddling him with a knife in hand.

Toga:"If you won't go after him."

*SPACK!*

Toga:"I will."

Elsewhere, denki has returned to find guards at his house taking his family away.

Denki:"What's going on?"

Minetta:"That's him. That's the guy who hired the ronin."

Denki is arrested and dragged through town for all to see.

When morning comes. Keigo does his morning ritual as normal. Then he looks at the farm and begins to examine the crops to see what's ready.

"Be sure to pick it before it's ripe. That way, it'll be good for customers in town. Pick it at the best for self consumption. Otherwise, it'll be bad before anyone can buy it."

As the farmer shows Keigo what to look for. He gets started, and before long. The warrior has done a third of the field. Anything that went bad. He would put into compost for the next season. By that point, it is close to dinner. So the farmer calls him inside to eat.

"Not bad young man. I'd hate to see you at your best. Take tomorrow off and rest. Before you get worse off."

Kei:"I work fast because if I stay too long. You could get hurt. So I'd like to repay the debt sooner than three weeks."

"Help me with the fields and deliver the letter to my daughter. They'll hide you better than I can."

Kei:"Thanks for the meal."

Keigo smiles as he enjoys a home cooked meal for the first time in over a year.

As the lantern is turned off for the night and the farmer goes to sleep. Keigo heads outside with a candle lit lantern and continues to gather the crop.

When the man wakes up. He finds the warrior asleep in some hay out by the storehouse. The candle is moments from going out beside him. That's when he notices that the crops have all been gathered.

"Foolish man."

As the farmer is about to pick him up. He hears horses approaching. So he hides Keigo in the hay.

Guards have come with denki tied up on a wagon behind them. He has been beaten black and blue.

"What has that idiot got into this time?"

Vlad:"Has you seen a blonde ronin come by hear?"

"Was he injured?"

Denki:"Don't say anything. Think of your daughter jiro, and how she would feel."

"He came by and threatened to kill me. He forced me to treat his wounds. Then he stole food and left. I heard him say something about heading towards kyoto. That's all I know."

Denki:"Old man no.- Ack!"

Denki is punched and knocked out. That's when the guards head out, buy not before dropping the boy off at the farmer's feet.

After he drags the idiot inside. He prepares a few things and leaves them in the storehouse.

When the warrior wakes. He sees a bag full of supplies, a few copper and Silver coins, some herbs, and three notes.

<Dear ronin,
Here are some things to help you on your journey. Please to not return. Guards have come looking for you because the idiot boy told them where you were. I told the guards that you are heading to kyoto, and I knew you wouldn't go back. One letter is for you to stay rent-free. Just give it to kyoka jiro. My daughter will take care of anything you need while you recover. The other paper is a map to find her.
Safe travels Samurai takami.>

Kei:"So you knew all along. Guess there's no time to waste."

After a few two days of walking. Keigo arrives at a dock to rent a boat in Tokushima. On his way there. He had made another kasa to help hide his face. The silver that the farmer gave him was just enough to get someone to take him to Sakai. It is there that he'll meet jiro and someone else that needs a job done.