6: Dumplings And Violence

3rd person pov:

As the warrior heads north for the warmer months for work. He tries to avoid castle towns. That way, enji's spys won't see him.

While napping under the shade of a tree near the main road. Two young men smirk at the sight of an easy mark, or so they think.

As the men approach. They see his sword and go to reach for it. Only for the first guy to lose his hand in the blink of an eye.

Mineta:"What the fuck!? Aaah!"

Denki:"You'll regret this."

Kei:"Didn't you know? You should never reach for another man's sword."

Keigo's eyes pierce past his kasa with a blood thirsty Rath. Causing the two men to run.

The warrior sees which way they went and sighs.

Kei:"Shit."^looks like they were from Kochi. I'd better move fast before word spreads.^

As he stands up. Keigo's stomach grumbles. When he looks in his coin purse. He sees that his funds are low.

Kei:"Looks like I'm looking for employment first."

As the ronin walks into town. He keeps his guard up. Using two copper coins. He pays for one dongo skewer and a slice of smoked eel. After eating the eel and thanking the man who ran the roadside shop. He heads out in search of a job. While walk8ng, he bites into each dumpling. Before ripping it of the stick. Once finished eating. He uses the skewer to pick his teeth and chew on for awhile. That's when he goes into a tea shop. While eyes watch him from across the street. Red eyes narrow in anger.

As keigo sits down to order. The blonde from before walks in.

Denki:"Sorry about before, bit please leave. This is my family's restaurant and I don't wish it to be destroyed.

Kei:"If you have this place. Why rob people?"

Den:"It's the local boss. He wants too much for protection money. Some people do what they can to get by. My sister died as a result."

Kei:"Was she sold off?"

Denki looks at the floor in frustration.

Kei:"Pay me, and I'll take care of the problem. You'll also never tell a soul anything about me. Especially the shogunate spys in town. Do we have a deal?"

Den:"How much?"

Kei:"I week's worth or rice balls and a place to sleep for the night."

Den:"That's all?"

The cloth banners that cover the entrance part for a well-dressed man to walk in.

Compress:"I heard you hurt one of my master's men. He sent me here with a message."

Compress draws his sword to swing down onto keigo. In a split moment. Keigo draws his sword and lunges forward. Impaling the man before his blade could come down on him.

Kei:"Sorry about the mess."

Keigo retracts his blade. As blood gushes out of the dead man.

Den:"Please help us. Boss shigaraki is at the castle. He's surrounded by one hundred samuri."

Keigo spins the skewer and it sticks into the corpse on the floor. Then he swings the blood off his blade before sheathing it. With a long sip of tea. Keigo finishes the cup before heading out.

Once at the castle gates. He sighs. As memories of this place and what it's become fuel his anger. With a calming breath. He uses his right thumb to pop his sword up. Then he lowers his stance. Once he runs forward. His blade comes out and cuts down many samuri before him. Once inside, he sneaks around to kill each guard quickly and quietly. Making quick work of them.  Then he makes it to the top floor. Where a female waits for him with sword in hand.

Toga:"Looks like you made it in time for lunch. The master has been waiting for you ronin."

As keigo charges at Toga. She jumps over him and puts her blade to his neck.

Toga:"It's not a request. He demands to speak to you. It's about a job opportunity."

Keigo puts his sword away. So Toga releases him.

Once he opens the massive double doors. Toga smirks, and before keigo can draw his blade. She cuts his kasa in half. Revealing the face and headband wearing ronin to shigaraki.

Shig:"My information was correct. Have you come to take my head? I must say. You are following crumbs to find the cake, but you haven't even found the fork yet. So who told you about me?"

Kei:"I have my resources. You are responsible for bringing the oil into the palace. By putting it in wine barrels. Acting as if it were a gift for the wedding. The bigger question is who hired you."

Shig:"Defeat my guards, and I'll tell you what you wanna know."

Toga draws her blade, then the floor shakes as a large man steps into the room.

Shig:"Makia, toga.... take his head for a trophy."

Both nod as shigaraki walks into another room.

Keigo is now got one opponent to his left and right.

Kei:"Why is it always henchmen instead of the boss fighting me himself? Oh well. I guess lives are just toys to him aswell. Shows how much power changes people."

Keigo smirks at the challenge before him. Ready to test his strength in real combat.