5: A Gift of Him

3rd person pov:

A week has passed by. Enji has half of his face bandaged up just like shoto. While natsuo has his torso from burns to his back. As he protected his mom and sister from the fire. Leaving only burns to their feet.

As the family recovers. They hold a funeral for touya. One that everyone can attend after the family says their goodbyes.

Everyone in town hears the news of Touya's murderer will be on trial. So t h ey wait outside of the fence that surrounds the prison. So see the trial in person.

Keigo has waited in the dark without food, and only rain drops that drip through the roof to quench his thirst. Arms bound behind his back while his arms are wrapped around a pillar. Ankles bound together infront of him. While his gaze only leaves the ground for water.

Chest is exposed for lashings that happen daily.

As the broken warrior sits there lost in thought. He comes to terms with what his punishment will be.

Kei:^It's is my fault that he's dead. I should've been there to protect him.^"Let my sentence be carried out. I've put shame on your name. Master touya."

Two guards come to get him. A white cloth tied around Keigo's head to cover his face. While arms bound infront with a rope leash to walk him outside.

The moment the doors open. Everyone sees keigo  as the accused causes whispers.

Izuku:"I don't understand. He's innocent. So why are they going to kill him?"

Inko:"Be quiet. If the shogun thinks he's to blame. There's nothing we can do."

Katsuki:"That's bullshit!"

Katsuki's mom hits her son in the head to shut him up. While they watch.

Enji stands before keigo who lowers his head in shame.

Enji:"Since you have been found guilty of attempting to kill my family, and succeeded in killing my oldest and your old master. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Kei:"do as you see fit. I failed in my job to protect my master."

Aiz:"Old master. Have you forgotten that you belong to me now?"

Kei:"No sir."

Aiz:"I think that you were obsessed with him. So when you were to split from his side. You decided to kill him. If you couldn't have him. No one would."

Kei:"You're wrong! I loved him too much to hurt him! That's why i-"

Enji:"Enough! I shall let you take your own life to redeem your honor as a warrior. Now prepare yourself."

As the cloth is lifted  for keigo to write his last words. All the kids and families he's helped begin to chant.

"SPAIR HIS LIFE!"

Keigo grits his teeth at how many people are putting their lives in danger for his.

Kei:"THAT'S ENOUGH!! I'm not worth anyone else getting hurt. Just forget about me and obey orders! Let my blood be the last shed here."

Keigo sets down the letter and grabs the small blade before him. As he turns it towards his stomach. A child cries out.

Katsuki:"Death is a barbaric and cowardly way to go!"

Mitsuki:"Shut it."

Kirishima:" Irezumi kei!"

As the children cheer. Elders join them in hopes to change enji's mind.

With a raise of his hand. Everyone quiets down.

Enji:"Looks like you live for another day. However, you will never take another as a master."

Aizawa cuts the ropes off Keigo's wrists. Then guards hold his arms out. As aizawa grabs Keigo by the hair on his head to lift his gaze.

Children are forced to look away as keigo screams out in pain.

After his sentence is carried out. Enji and his family walk away to head out of town. Where they have another castle.

Keigo is unable to move because of his arms feeling weak, and blood in his eyes. Once the shogun's family is long gone. Keigo stands up, and stumbles through the town. People throw coins, and food at him as he passes with tears I'm their eyes. Knowing that he can never return.

Once at the gates of the town. Children run away from the trash pile outside. That's when he sees bandages, sab for his wounds, fresh set of clothes, food, a blanket, and some coins. There's also a kasa(traditional woven hat) laying atop the pial of goods for his travels.

After wrapping his forehead and elbows in bandages. He puts on the hat and grabs the bag of goods. Leaving behind his paintings. Including his last work of art behind.

Now a ronin. Keigo travels in search of work that pays. That way, he can survive.

It has been an entire year since then, and already, he has made a name for himself. The ronin who performs miracles. Getting any job done. His blade strikes as fast as a preditor bird's wings can fly. He is known by the name... Hawks. Giving up his old name of Keigo Takami.