Winter

POV ADA MARROW

I cannot say the days after my second trial weren't exciting. I had found myself much more involved with helping Poppy and rescuing a Mooncalf called Biscuit. The Mooncalves owner Garnuff a soft spoken goblin was terribly grateful and even the mention of his faith in wizard kind being restored made my month.

I happened to be just South of Feldcroft, catching a devious pilfering niffler. I teased it with a pearl necklace I had worn today. It sniffed curiously at it, tiny hands trying to snatch it up with no avail. It was unbreakable so it could not be removed from my neck without undoing its clasp.

I had decided today to visit Anne. I was in the area after all and if I were to be honest I wanted to make sure he was visiting her more often because I hadn't seen much of Sebastian after he stuck that nose into the book.

That curse did something to my body and the only person that was there that I could talk to was Ominis. Poppy and Adelaide knew something had happened. They knew because the pain had left me plagued with nightmares.

Ominis had said in time they will pass, it will all pass. I had to trust that he was right.

"Yes, you're such a cute little beast, my little Pilferer." I cooed at the Niffler, it was adorable and its fur soft to the touch.

I walked into the Hamlet, going straight for the Sallows' home. Elated to see Anne sitting out in the sun on a bench in the front garden.

"Anne!" I called out, waving. She looked up, shocked at first, smiling wide at me. I hurried up to her, the Niffler still trying to snatch my necklace.

"Ada!" She got up slowly, walking to me to give me a hug. I hugged her back, "I'm sorry I took so long to visit you, but I was in the Hamlet South of here and thought I'd visit."

"Do not worry about visiting me so often, I know you're busy with school work." I glanced to the window of the home and saw Solomon staring out at me.

"Now who is this little Niffler?" She asked, giggling as it fervently pulled at my necklace.

"This is Pilferer the Niffler. I just caught him at his den because the little scamp was breaking into people's homes and stealing things. So I'll be keeping him in line."

"Please come inside, Uncle Solomon was making me tea." I looked weary at the window seeing Solomon was gone from the window..

"Of course." I smiled at her and walked in keeping hold of the Niffler. I saw Solomon setting out three Tea cups, putting on a mit to lift the kettle. Pouring the steaming tea into their respective cups. Anne sat down in her chair and I sat down in the other. Solomon walked off to I assume get sugar cubes or honey.

"I don't mean to be a little down but is Sebastian still visiting you? I told him he should do it more often."

Annes' face fell, "No I'm afraid not, he hasn't visited me in a month and his letters have stopped coming."

My lips formed into a thin line, I could brush off him ignoring me but now he was neglecting his sister. Him and Solomon were all she had.
"I figured it was because midterms were approaching soon so he was studying."
I didn't know if he had been studying or not, unless he had to go to class he had taken up permanent residence in the Slytherin Common room. I wouldn't tell her, I didn't want her to worry. Anne flinched, doubling over, her forehead pressed to the table and her hands gripped at her stomach.

I reached out, lightly rubbing her back.

It was all I could do, Solomon came back, setting a bowl of sugar cubes down. His eyes fell onto Anne, brows furrowing. He rested the shawl that had been on the back of her chair over her shoulders.