Yule Ball

POV SEBASTIAN SALLOW

Today was the day and nothing could change my mind. I gripped the box in hand, standing at the entrance to the great hall as I stared at Ada and Ominis sitting at the Slytherin table. My determination was resolute as I saw Ada whisper something to Ominis, laughing at his rather embarrassed reaction. I approached then, my feet quick as I stood behind them both.

"Ada..." Ada looked back at me, the smile she gave me made my stomach do a flip.

"Sebastian!"

"Finally Sebastian, we've been waiting for you." Ominis sighed, "I need your help picking out something for the ball."

"I'm unsure if you'll want me to..." I murmured, Ominis brow rose up with a look of confusion on his face.

I held the box out to Ada, biting my inner cheek.

"Oh... What's this for?" She took the box from me, opening it to see the earrings, "Oh Sebastian... I... What are these for?" She looked rather surprised, unsure what to make of the gift.

"It's my proclamation." I spoke out, a few people nearby going silent, "Ada Marrow I am making my intentions known to you and everyone here that I plan to court you and by the end of our time here at Hogwarts I will Marry you."

Ada's face was one of shock, I had left her speechless. Maybe I had been a bit too brazen... Especially when I saw my fellow Slytherins staring at me as if I had been walking around nearly headless and saw that a portion of my words had traveled to the Ravenclaw table as well, as groups stared at Ada and I. I would make it known how much I loved her.

"I am in love with you, if I had to choose between losing you and death I would surely choose death because I cannot imagine a life without you by my side. Then I would brag to the devils below how I had experienced Heaven without ever stepping foot within it. How I had so foolishly let it slip from my fingers.

My eyes flicked to Ominis, his face that had once been confused twisted to betrayal and then anger. I had to stay calm through this, even as I stared my Best Friend down as he rose up to his feet. Scowl spreading across his face.

POV ADA MARROW

I watched Ominis stand after Sebastian's declaration, "I didn't think this needed to be said but I suppose I was sorely wrong." Ominis bit out, "She is my Love, my Life and my Happiness. You will just have to let her slip through your fingers Sebastian because you won't be marrying her. I will, she is MINE."

I stared at the two boys as they began their bickering. I really had no idea what to do or say. How does a girl respond to two boys saying they plan to Marry her after their schooling, that they both loved her? It was... asinine, insane and worrying. It had been so many weeks since their last fight, I thought we had reached an understanding. That I didn't want them fighting because of me. I wanted them to value their relationship that they've had since their First Year, over me.

I felt a hand touch the crook of my arm, Imelda who had been sitting beside me this entire time, leaned in to murmur.

"Do you need help?" Her face was unreadable but I could see the slightest bit of pity in her eyes. She did not envy the position I had been put into.

"I... I don't know." I murmured back to her.

_________

Word of the spectacle Sebastian had started to spread and both boys refused to put out the fire. People were careful of the words said to me, overly romantic girls would congratulate me and tell me how lucky I am to have two boys pining over me. Boys murmured about more crass things about whoever got me would be lucky. My brother was sympathetic but overall didn't see the issue, he had said it was bound to happen.