Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin

POV ADA MARROW

Over the last few weeks after my talk with the two of them. They have been giving me more space. Sebastian more than Ominis, he admitted he crossed a line and that he himself needed some time to process everything. I was relieved the talk went so well and since then neither of the two fought with each other.

They joked, lightly ribbed each other. Like old times... I missed those times and it was such a relief to see them both as they were. Meaningless insults that meant nothing, teasing each other and causing so much mischief. Ominis had taken one of my Puffskeins and scared the ever loving daylights out of Duncan Hobhouse and Sebastian had kept him stationary as they teased him about his admittedly stupid fear of the adorable fluff balls. I hadn't laughed so hard in my life, Duncan was practically climbing Sebastian to get away from it. While Ominis just stood there, holding and petting it.

I also started up study groups over the last week, mainly it was me convincing Ominis to study Potions with Garreth and I so we could help him with his N.E.W.T.s level potion course work. Along with Poppy asking me to help her tutor my brother because he had double the work for our Beasts Class. Earlier this morning I was setting up the Room of Requirement for such study sessions, I was sure Nox would be appreciative of my many beasts he could care for and study and with my endless supply of cauldrons and potion supplies Garreth and I can utilize it to its fullest extent. I was even debating speaking with Amit and Natty about also joining for study sessions. After all, Sixth Year was only for studying to prepare for the N.E.W.T.s exams for the end of Seventh Year.

"Ada? Are you alright? You've tensed up." Ominis questioned me hand holding mine as we walked to the Quidditch Pitch. It was Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff and I was a house traitor today. Wearing Slytherin green. I wanted to support Imelda and Sebastian, Ominis had graciously given me one of his bright green robes and had also given me Sebastian's scarf.

"Oh yes, I'm fine just thinking of all the studying we have to do this year... It's really not fair to you. You have the tournament on top of N.E.W.T.s."

"Trust me Ada, I'll live without getting Outstandings." Ominis laughed, "I'm more focused on getting through this." His hand squeezed mine as I led us through to the marked Slytherin doorway. We could see the team talking about strategy, but also just talking in general as they waited for the match to start up. Imelda was talking with Sebastian when she spotted me.

"I can't believe my eyes! You're actually supporting us?" Imelda smiled wide at me, pushing past Sebastian to hurry over to me. Sebastian's eyes landed on me then widened when it landed on the scarf. Sebastian approached us.

"Are you wearing my scarf?" He questioned, leaning on his broom a bit as I took in the sight of him decked out in full beater gear.

"Ominis actually suggested I wear it."

"You need more green." Imelda commented, "Here one second." She was digging around in her pocket now. Pulling out a compact, she flipped it open and smeared a green paste on her fingers to rub it into my cheeks.

"Imelda I have plenty of green on already. I think anymore and people may mistake me for an actual Slytherin." I bunched up my nose.

"Well at this point you may as well be an honorary Slytherin since you're doing the most Taboo thing someone from an opposite house could do on a game day." Sebastian grinned watching me let Imelda cover my cheeks with green.

"What does that mean?" I murmured.

"It means," Ominis stated, "It's bad luck to not wear your house colors if they're playing a match." Ominis chuckled and I gaped at him.