8. Secrets

Damian POV

Putting the last of her stuff in my car I turn back to look at Sky, she's stood looking up at the now empty house that is no longer hers. I watch as her shoulders rise and fall in what I know is a sigh  and instantly I know she didn't really want to give up that house.

A part of me wonders if the reasons she gave me for moving back home were the whole truth or if there is another reason she doesn't want to talk about.
Turning away from the house she gives me a sad smile before walking around the car and getting in. I slide into the drivers seat beside her and reach out to turn her face towards me and that's when I see the tears glistening her eyes.

"What's going on twinkle? Why are you really leaving?" I ask "I can see you don't want to give up that house and I don't think you really want to go either"

"I have my reasons, but I don't want to talk about them" she says "just like you don't want to talk about what's going on between you and Liv"

"She thinks I said some one else's name, she thinks I've been unfaithful" I sigh "truth is I don't think she has ever really trusted me"

"Did you say someone else's name?" She asks

"I don't think I did" I say but I knew the truth, I had said someone else's name, well nickname at least. The last time Liv and I had been intimate I had said Twinkle. She immediately knew I didn't mean her because I had never called her that though she doesn't know who the nickname belongs to. To this day I've been confused  by all this, I love Liv yet my every waking thought is consumed by Sky, she makes me feel something though I'm not quite sure what that is yet. My head is a mess and I have no idea why she has such a hold on me.

"A good relationship is based on trust, if you don't have that it won't work" she says "I guess it's my turn..............I fell in love with some one I shouldn't have, being near him hurts like hell so I need to go, for my sanity if nothing else...............but if he asked me to stay I would, I'd do anything for him"

"Have you told him how you feel?" I ask and she shakes her head

"I can't" she says "he uh.......he's not single"

"And here I am making you stick around longer" I say starting the engine "I'm sorry twinkle, I'll try and get this through as quickly as possible............though like I said I don't want you to go.......I'll miss you"

"What are you going to do about Liv?" She asks

"I don't know......I don't know what to do" I sigh

"I think you do know, you just don't want to do it" she says. When in the world did this woman get the ability to read me like a book? She knows me better than I know myself. I had to admit when she told me about this guy I felt a pang of jealousy, something I should not be feeling at all.

"You need to do what will make you happy D" she says "you can't live your life being unhappy, it's not fair to you or her"

"If I do that she gets hurt, and I swore I would never hurt her" I say "here we are, la mia casa è la tua casa"

"Wow, this is your home?" She asks and I nod "it's beautiful, I would love to be able to afford a home like this, right here near the sea"

"See that tells me you don't want to leave here" I say "stay Twinkle, don't let some guy who's too stupid to see what's in front of him run you out of town. There are people here who care about you, who want you here, please stay"

Skylar POV

"I'll think about it" I say quietly before heading into the house while he unpacks the car. Just like that with two simple words I could feel myself caving, wanting to agree to stay but staying would mean torturing myself and I'm not willing to do that.

Saying it out load had made it very real, I'm in love with him........I'm in love with Damian Priest and I can't have him, he belongs to someone else. Someone else holds his heart, gets to hold him and gets to have him love them back.......he's not mine and he never will be.

"You know I'm really not sure this was a good idea" I say walking over to him "I think I should just get a hotel......."

"No shot.....I'm not letting you spend a fortune on hotels twinkle" he says "please stay, I'd like it if you would and I'd like the company"

"Alright" I say giving into him far to easily "but just until we are unmarried and then I'm going, I'm sorry D but I can't stay any longer than that"

"Sure, I understand" he says sadly "so let's make the most of the time we have and who knows I might still get you to change your mind" he smiles

"No shot big man" I chuckle "but you are welcome to try"