14. Terrified

Damian POV

After a failed attempt to get some sleep I had found myself just laying here staring at the empty space where Sky should be. My wife should be laying here with me in my arms and instead she was a whole floor away from me.

She was hurt and I understand that, I shouldnhave said something instead of staying quiet but I had been so shocked at Liv saying those things that I couldn't speak. I missed her and the pain in my heart was unbearable.

Most of all I was terrified, terrified that she would not only leave here but pack up and leave Florida before I got home. I couldn't bare the thought of losing her. Some how I had to fix this and keep my wife by my side.

Getting out of bed I head out onto the balcony, I lean forward resting my arms on the railings and just look out at the ocean. The very same ocean that only a few hours a go I was making love to her in. I'm about to head back in when something catches my eye, a figure walking down the beach towards the sea, after a while I realise it's Sky.

I watch as she walks into the water and then just stands there with her arms wrapped around her. A part of me wants to go to her but I don't think I could handle her walking away from me again. Maybe I should just leave her, maybe she wants to be alone.

Sky POV

Standing with my arms wrapped around myself as the warm water laps around me I'm immediately taken back to a few hours ago when I was right here in Damian's arms. Everything had been perfect until she ruined it.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him, I did......so much. I wanted everything to be the way it was, I wanted to be with my husband but I was so hurt by his silence that I didn't know what to do.

"Twinkle" a familiar deep voice says and I freeze to the spot " please don't walk away, I saw you out here and I wanted to make sure you were alright. I know I'm supposed to leave you until tomorrow but I miss you mi amor"

"I couldn't sleep" I say quietly not looking at him " I miss you too D but......"

"I know, I should have said something and I'm sorry I didnt" he says and I know he's right behind me "I was in shock, I know it's no excuse but it's the truth. Everything she said was lies, it's you I want, you I love, I'm just hoping that you still love me and you can forgive me"

"I never stopped loving you D" I say turning to face him "I was just hurt and I felt like a fool"

"I'm so so sorry mi amor, I would never want you to feel like a fool and would never ever intentionally hurt you" he says reaching out to me but then he hesitates "I want to hold you so bad right now but I'm afraid you won't let me" he sighs

"It's ok" I say moving into his open arms, he slowly wraps them around me and he lets out a soft sigh as he rests his chin on the top of my head

"I'm so scared twinkle" he says "I'm terrified I'm going to lose you and I don't think my heart could stand that"

"I wish we could go back and make it never happen" I sigh as we move back towards the beach "we were happy, everything was perfect"

"We can still be happy and things can still be perfect" he says stopping on the sand and taking both my hands in his "stay.........stay here with me.........don't leave"

"You really don't want her?" I ask looking up at him and he smiles softly at me

"No mi amor.......I want what's right in front of me" he says

Not saying a word I lean up on my tip toes and press my lips to his,  he hesitates at first then quickly wraps his arms tightly around me. No matter how hurt I was or how mad I wanted to be mad at him my love for him far outweighed it all. Just like he can't live without me, I can't live without him.

I have everything I've ever wanted right here and I know walking away would be a mistake. As we kiss he lifts me slightly so my feet leave the sand and I feel him smile against my lips.

"I love you" he whispers "we should get back inside"

"I love you" I smile "how would you feel about me coming back to our room with you?" I ask

"I would love nothing more" he smiles "what about your stuff?"

"I can get it in the morning" I say "unless you want me to spend the rest of my time here in that bikini" I smirk

"You can spend the rest of the time here naked for all I care I'm just glad your staying" he smiles before scooping me up in his arms "for now though, it's time for bed mi amor"