10. Don't Go

Skylar POV

As I pack the last few items of clothing into my case I felt nothing but sadness. The last few weeks had flow by, Damian and I had done a lot of fun stuff together and tried lots of new things. Slowly but surely he seemed to be feeling a lot happier.

Things were definitely over with him and Liv and the longer they were apart the happier he seemed to get, it was like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. I like to think I had played a small part by sticking around and being there for him, but now the day had finally come, it was time for me to say goodbye to him, to Matt and to Florida.

Placing my bags near the door a knock makes me jump, I was alone in the house I had been to Damians lawyers office this morning to sign the papers, he was there now. I had decided it would be better for us to do it separately that way I could leave while he wasn't hear and I could avoid a really hard goodbye.

Opening the door I find Matt stood there and when he sees me he opens his arms "I know you're still mad at me and you Ave been y right to be but I knew today was going to be hard for you and I had to make sure you were ok"

I say nothing just nod before walking into his open arms "thank you Matt" I sigh "you know letting him go was hard, saying good bye and leaving is so much harder"

"I really wish you'd stay sis" he says "I love having you here and I know Damian does too"

"I know but it's too hard" I say "I don't want to go, I have to, I need to get over him. There is a removal van coming to pick up the ret of my stuff can I trust you two to pack it up?" I ask

"Of course" he smiles "I'm going to miss you little sis, will you let me take you to the airport?"

"I'll miss you too big bro" I smile "and I'd like that, come on let's get going before he gets back" I say bringing my stuff outside, locking the door and posting my key through the mailbox.
"Goodbye D" I whisper taking one last look at the house before getting in my brothers car.

Damian POV

Heading back to the house I knew I was going to have some explaining to do. I hadn't signed, the second I saw her signature I couldn't do it becuase I knew what it meant, I sign, she's gone and I will probably never see her again.

The last few weeks she had been a rock for me, she had been there for me and comforted me, I didn't want her to go and I was hoping  I still had time to change her mind.

My train of thought is disturbed by my phone ringing "Hey nightmare" I say answering the phone

"Hey priest, is it done" Rhea asks

"No I couldn't sign the papers" I sigh "she's going to kill me but I don't want her to leave, is that crazy?"

"No not at all" she says "but seriously I thought Matt was supposed to be the dumb one in our group"

"What do you mean?" I ask "are you calling me dumb?"

"Yes I am becuase you are the only one who can't see what's happened here" she says "she made you question your relationship with Liv, she made you feel things you couldn't explain and now you don't want to let her go........do you really not see it?"

"See what? You are talking in riddles right now" I sigh

"You love her Priest" she laughs "you are in love with Sky and you can't see it"

"I......you...." I say pausing for a moment to think about it "oh my god.......you're right, I love her..........I'm in love with her..........and she's leaving.......oh shit I've got to go I've go to stop her" I say  starting to run

"Good luck priest" she laughs as we end the call

As I reach the house I find a large van parked outside and two guys standing near it. As I run down my drive towards my car they walk towards me "Excuse me we're here to pick up some stuff to take to Pennsylvania"

"Sorry you must have the wrong house, there is nothing here for you to pick up" I say opening my car door

"We were booked by a Miss Skylar Riddle, she gave his address" he says

"Sorry no one of that name lives here, now if you don't mind I have somewhere to be" I say getting in my car and tearing off down the street.

Skylar POV

"Alright big bro, I guess this is where we say goodbye" I say hugging him

"Take care and let me know when you get there" he says

"I will, I love you big bro" I smile

"I love you too little sis" he says "now go or you will miss your plane"

Laughing I pick up my carry on and head towards the check in desk as he waves me off. Boy was I going to have some explaining to do when I turn up on our parents doorstep, they had no idea I was coming or why for that matter.

Damian POV

Pulling up at the airport I don't even bother to park up properly I just stop the car, jump out and take off running. As I reach the door I see Matt coming away from departures when he sees me he looks confused.

"Matt, where is she? Where is Sky?" I say breathlessly

"She's just checked in" he says "why?"

"Have to stop her.....can't let her go" I say taking off running again "I love your sister" I shout over my shoulder

"Tell me something I don't know" he calls after me.

I come to a stop in the centre of departures and now have to figure out which way she went, just then out of the corner of my eyes I see her walking though the check in gate towards the waiting area.

"Sky!" I shout running after her "Sky wait" but when I get to the gate I'm stopped by security.

"You can't go in there without a ticket" he says

"You don't understand, I have to stop her, I love her and she doesn't know" I say fighting agasnt them "SKY!" I bellow catching sight of her again and to my relief she stops walking.

I watch as she turns a look of complete confusion on her face "D? What are you doing here?" She asks walking over to me

"I need to talk to you, please don't go" I say catching my breath "I need you to stay here with me"

"Why? We did what we had to do, now it's time for me to go" she says

"We didn't, I didn't sign the papers I couldn't" I say and her eyes widen

"What! Why?" She asks

"Because I realised what I was going to lose if I did" I say taking hold of her hands "I can't let you go Sky, not without telling you that I........I love you, it took me forever to figure it out but I do.....I love you" I say reaching into my pocket, with no words at all I slide her wedding band back onto her finger "you don't have to love me back, all I'm asking is will you stay with me not as my friend but as my wife"

"I......what.......I'm sorry I need you to say that one more time" she says and I smile

"I love you twinkle" I say closing the gap between us "and I want you to stay with me as my wife"

"You're crazy Damian Priest" she smiles "but I love you too and I would love nothing more than to stay right here with you"

Holding her tightly I press my lips to hers, dropping her bags she takes my face in her hands and kisses me back. Where we are and who is watching doesn't matter to me, keeping my lips on hers I left her up, she wraps her pegs around my waist and I spin her around before gently lowering her back down.

Our lips finally part and I open my eyes to see her smiling at me, she picks up bags and takes my hand in hers "let's go home D" she says

"We need to get your cases first but then I am definitely taking you home Mrs Priest" I say pressing a soft kiss to her lips