18. Questions

Skylar POV

After chatting for while Damian and I had brought our stuff into the house from the car. While mom had helped me settle into our room Damian had gone to the store with my dad to help him get groceries.

Damian and my dad got on incredibly well and it was clear my mom already had a soft spot for him. This made my heart happy, I love him and I love them and it meant everything to me that thy got on.

As I make my way downstairs to help my mom with dinner I'm greeted with the sight of some one I had seen for ages. Smiling I rush the rest of the stairs and wrap my older brother up in a hug.

"Andy it's so good to see you" I smile "I wasn't expecting you to come over"

"Hey squirt, mom called me and said you were here and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see my baby sister could I" he smiles.

Just the  the front door opens and Damian and my dad walk in with their arms laden with bags. Andy looks at Damian and then back at me and I know something is up

"Will you take a walk with me squirt" he asks and I nod, I give Damian a brief kiss before following my brother outside.

As we walk he wraps his arm around my shoulder and I hear him take a deep breath.

"So mom filled me in........I have so many questions Sky" he says "I don't understand how Matt could do this to his own sister, I mean he tricked you into marrying that guy"

"He didn't trick me Andy" I say "he did what he thought was the right thing for his best friend who he knew was unhappy"

"Tell me something squirt, how do you know your husband wasn't in on it?" He asks "how do you know they didn't both trick you?"

"Why would he do that?" I ask "he was supposed to be marrying some one else, he had no reason to do that to me"

"What better way to get out of marrying her then marrying some one else" he says "I'm just looking out for my baby sister and none of this sits right with me. I don't trust him, how can you be sure he really loves you and isn't using you"

"You want to know how I'm sure?" I ask "becuase whenever I look in his eyes I see nothing but love, I feel it in his touch, in the way he kisses me, everything he does. Most of all I feel it in here" I say tapping my heart "he loves me and I love him, I appreciate you looking out for me but you've got him so wrong"

"Really? You were supposed to pretend to marry him and then months later you find out your actually married and I'm not supposed to worry about you?" He snaps "I don't like how this happend, I don't like that Matt did this and I'm sorry squirt but I don't like him and I think you can do alot better"

"Well that's your opinion, whether you like it or not he is my husband, he is family and he's going nowhere" I snap back "mom and dad are happy for us, Matt is happy for us, you are the only one looking at it this way"

"He's using you squirt why can't you see that?" He says "he left her for you, how do you know he won't leave you for some one else, I don't want to see you get hurt"

"He would never do that, if you got to know him you would see that. You haven't even said hello to him, you ignored him" I say "I'm done with this conversation and quite frankly I'm done with you"

Turning on my heel I storm back towards the house taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm myself down before Damian sees me, that last thing I want to do is tell him what my asshole of brother has said about him.

The second I walk through the door I'm greeted by my husbands beautiful smiling face, though his smile quickly turns to a frown as he looks at me. He approaches me slowly and takes my hands in his and he looks deep into my eyes.

"What's wrong mi amor?" He asks "has something happened?"

"Everything is fine" I smile "I promise"

"Then why do you look like someone just broke your heart" he asks "talk to me twinkle"

"Please.......just leave it I don't want to talk about it" I say wrapping my arms around him and resting my head agaisnt his chest "I love you"

"I love you too"  he says kissing my hair "if some one has hurt you I want to know, I won't have my girl upset"

"Can we talk about it later?" I ask and he nods

"Alright, but we are definitely talking about it later" he says

I should have known he would know straight away something was wrong, he's always been good at picking up on me being upset or angry no matter how hard I try to hide it. The things my brother had said had hurt me immensely and I knew it would hurt Damian too. Deep down I knew Andy had him all wrong but there was a small small part of me that wondered.........what if he is right?