Chapter 8

Warning - scene of abuse, mature language

*
*
*
{Chris' POV}

I walked into the club, it felt strange and empty. Empty the day my beloved was taken from me and with her, my heart...

This place now feels cold and distant. I walked past the girls who tried their best in keeping up appearances and greeted me, only to get a nod thrown back at them.

Everyone knew, the whole city knew what had taken place and it would only be a matter of time now that the rest of the country or the world will know what has happened and think that we are weak Mafia bosses.

"Sir..." I stared at Lucy.

"Not now, Lucy"

"I understand that, but I think we should talk" She continued.

"Not now" I said, with a more demanding tone to my voice.

I went to walk away but she stopped me...

She grabbed my arm "It's Michelle... she's here"

I looked straight at her, trying to see if she was calling bullshit on the matter...

"Where is she?"

"Upstairs, in Miss. Romano's office"

"Get Eric. She would want to see him"

She nodded and I immediately without thinking or stopping went to the office, opening the door. The room was dark and I slowly went to close the door when I heard a whimper.

"Michelle...? It's me... I'm going to turn on the lights"

"Don't please... I don't want anyone to see me like this..."

"It's alright, I won't let anyone else in here. Eric is on his way"

"No, sir please" I heard more whimpering and a sniff.

"He'll want to see you" I paused, waiting for an answer or anything. Nothing, so I continued. "I'm going to turn the lamp light on"

I walked over to the desk and turned on the lamp light. I searched for Michelle, until I found her near the door at the corner. I went over and crouched down to meet her on her level.

"Michelle..."

Although the little light that was giving around the room, I did see her clear as day. Bruisers, cuts, wounds that were still healing. I went to touch her face only for her to shy away from me. I saw tears falling down her bruised cheeks.

"We need to get you looked at. I'll send a doctor here and..."

"Please, I can't let anyone see me"

"You are in safe hands, I promise you"

I stretched out my hands for her to take them in her own time. Eventually, she did and I helped her up slowly and over to the couch. I went to the bathroom that was adjoined to the office and got a wash cloth.

I had to compose myself in asking any questions until she was ready, but I did need answers from her.

I got her cleaned up and applied first aid from the kit that I asked one of the girls to leave at the door, along with a glass and jug of water.

I tried to do my best in cleaning her wounds and watched as she struggled to hold the glass of water. Sitting in silence until finally, she spoke up.

"I don't remember much.... I know that's what you want. To know what happened. I was kept in the dark, I was never with her"

"You don't have to talk about it, now"

"But you want to know, right?" I nodded and she continued "I don't think I was ever with her... All I remember is the men talking... When they weren't hurting me or abusing me, sir."

"What did they say?" I asked, gently.

"They were talking about how he was poisoning her mind. Giving her something to forget everything, forget you and Mr. Stan. He would make sure that she only knew the life she has now with him"

Before she could say anything more, a knock on the door jerked us back into reality. The door started opening. "Stop! Who dares come through the door without being consented to come in?"

"Sir, it's me... I want to know if it's true." It was Eric.

I looked at Michelle "It's your choice"

"Open the fucking door, I need to get answers" That voice belonged to Sebastian

They barged though the door and Eric went straight to Michelle, taking every inch of her in and more. Sebastian come over to me. I pulled him aside.

"What information have you got from her?"

"She's been in a dangerous situation, Sebastian. She's not ready to talk about everything"

"Bullshit! If you're not ready to get the information, then I'll fucking do the job"

I grabbed his arm "You don't lay a fucking hand on her." I took a deep breathe "All I got right now is that he is poisoning her"

"Poisoning her?"

"Poisoning her mind about us. Making sure that she forgets us"

"Fucking asshole!"

"We need to act now. We need the meeting with the Mafia dons to happen now" I insisted on Sebastian.

"Michelle has more information and we need to know every little detail"

"I promise, she doesn't. She was never with her, she was battling a different battle then what y/n is. I'll get Eric to make sure that Michelle is taken care of and get anymore information from her if she knows..."

We both looked at Michelle and knew that we needed to act quick now, before we are too late in rescuing her. She needs us to be strong and keep a level head if we are to get our plans in order and do whatever it takes in getting her back.

"We fly to Italy in three weeks" Sebastian cut my thoughts off

"Why three weeks?" I questioned.

"It was and is the only time I can get all of them together. I had to remind our friend on what we had done for him in the past to even have the meeting there. We are set to leave now, but the meeting won't be until three weeks"

"Get the men ready, get whatever we need...It's about time that we remind everyone who is in charge and who they need to fear" I said, without conviction in my voice.

"This time, I'll fucking put more than one bullet in that mother fucker's head" Sebastian said

"You won't be the one pulling the trigger... oh no... what goes around, comes around and I'll make sure that he stays dead. Fuck everything that has happened in the past, it was not my fault. I won't let this become my fault either." I said.
*
*
*
Author's Note:

Michelle had escaped and returned to the only place that she felt most safe...
But with the information that she has given Chris, how will the meeting with the Mafia Dons go? Now that they have information about what Zakaria is indeed doing to their beloved Queen?