Chapter 14

{Your POV}

{Your POV}

It was the night of the party. Mr. Bianchi had invited literally everyone in town and more. It didn't matter rather you were rich or poor, Mr. Bianchi gave off the impression 'if he likes you, then you get invited'.

The guards were placed everywhere, every corner of the mansion and yard. As I looked out the window of the car as it pulled up to the front, I held onto Zakaria's hand.

He lifted it and kissed it gently. "Are you nervous, little dove?"

"It's not everyday that you get invited to a Mafia dons mansion, little lone a party. I should have worn something else, this is not proper" I tried to flatten out my silky glittery black dress.

"You look ravishing as always. I am sure that no one will dare think or say anything against what you are wearing." Zakaria said, sliding his fingers into mine and intertwining them together. He lifted our hands up to his mouth and gently kissed my palm. "Shall we go show you off?"

I blushed at his words and walked with him until we reached the door of the mansion. The chattering of people near by caught my attention. But it wasn't who they were, it was more so of what they were saying.

"That's Miss. Romano, she killed her former husband"

"Wasn't she linked with Mr. Evans and Mr. Stan? What is she doing with Mr. Bane?"

"She married Mr. Bane. Perhaps, the others weren't good enough for her or she just likes to dick hop onto whoever is richer"

All these were coming from women. Such things and words were indeed upsetting and not true at all. I wanted to say something, go over and speak to them. I was going too, if it wasn't for the little pul that I got from Zakaria.

I looked at him and he had a firm expression on his face. An expression that read 'Let them say what they want. You are powerful and stronger than those women. A Queen.'

I opened my mouth to at least say something to him, but I was met with closed eyes and a slight shake from his head. Not to mention his grip got firmer.

"Mr and Mrs. Bane. It is so lovely of you both to join us this evening. Thank you for attending and I hope you enjoy the events of this evening." Said, a tall and handsome man.

I took it further to inspect the man. He had a nice kept beard, a strong jawline that suited his gorgeous green eyes and he looked well fit, under that suit which curved his body shape nicely.

Had I imagine this man to be old and fat? Yes. He proved me wrong. He looked so young and he was apparently. Only thirty years old.

"Mr. Bianchi, we are grateful for the invite and thank you for this opportunity to host us at this magnificent event you're holding." Zakaria said.

This was the Mafia Don that had invited me personally. I immediately curtsy without taking my eyes off him.

"Oh dear, it is alright. You don't need to do that, you are my guest. A gorgeous guest that I invited personally. Most of these guests are my wife's friends or business partners of mine."