Chapter 11

Warning: mature language****{Your POV}

*
*
*
*
{Your POV}

Breakfast was the same, except for the fact that I had received a letter from the Mafia Boss inviting me to a party.

Do I tell Zakaria and get his thoughts on the matter?

Do I go alone to find out what this is about and then tell Zakaria?

I haven't done anything without Zakaria. So this being the first time, I felt nervous and scared.

"What did the letter say, little dove?" Zakaria's voice cut through the silence that was built up.

I shot my head up in his direction and with a confused expression on my face. He on the other hand had a smile planted on his face.

I wanted to ask, but he cut me off "You didn't think I would have seen an envelope get brought into my house and handed to Miles? I let him take it straight over to you, without a word. Otherwise, I would have said something"

"So, you knew I would get a letter?" I questioned.

"It was only a matter of time before Mr. Bianchi had invited you over. Shame, it wasn't address to me. I would have loved to seen the invite"

"I can bring it down"

"No... I do respect the privacy of others, even if they are my wife. You got the letter and I will respect that"

"Maybe, you can come with me. I don't know what I would do there all alone"

"I have a meeting with Mr. Bianchi coming up, perhaps I can arrange it for that night"

I nodded to me and continued to eat. The boys finished off and left with good manners excusing them from the table.

A few men walked past and greeted us before heading out. Assuming those are the men that will be replacing those on night shift. Zakaria was strict on having men being on watch twenty-four seven. For the boys protection.

"Excuse me, Mr and Mrs Bane" Miles said.

I smiled to him and watched as he bent down to Zakaria's ear level and spoke to him in a whisper.

Suddenly Zakaria's body language change and he stood up immediately. "Little Dove, I have a matter to take care of. I will assume that you will be alright for the time? I can have one of the man..."

"You can leave me. I'll go check on the boys" I smiled at him.

I watched as he left the table in a hurry followed by Miles. I finished my breakfast thinking about how quickly Zakaria's mood had change and what must have got him to act like that.

"Mrs. Bane, you have a letter" Freddie said.

His name is Fredrick and was assigned to me the moment we hired him. He was tall, muscly, tattooed and held his own very well when it comes to protecting me.