Chapter 9

Warning - mature language and drug reference***{Chris' POV}

*
*
*
{Chris' POV}

"How is Michelle?" I asked Eric.

It had been a week and a half. I had requested him to take some time off to attend to Michelle, before we left for Italy.

"She is still trying to process where she is. She has nightmares and thinks that she's still in their dungeon." I saw him stiffen up "Sir, I want those men that laid a fucking hand on her dead. I want their heads on spikes"

"Eric, you need to have a clear mind. I can not allow you to go crazy"

"I want them to pay for what they did to her. Do you know what they did? They fucking raped her over and over again, they beat the fucking shit out of her! I want them dead"

"You will get the honours of doing that yourself, but I can not allow my finest man to go crazy. We are planning everything accordingly. We will have those men pay for what they did to Michelle, you will have your pay day"

He stood still and straight in front of my desk.

"Has she said anything else on what happened?" I questioned.

"They were talking about how Mr. Bane was moving to Italy. She doesn't know if they have moved. She was holding on for dear life herself."

I nodded to him. "Give the information to Oscar. I have placed him on this mission to get back on the inside of our enemy."

He nodded and I knew he wanted to say more, but decided to just step back. Walking away from the desk towards the door. His hand on the knob, but he stood still. Not making anymore movements.

"If you have anything else to say, Eric. Now is the time. I am planning our next moves and then will be heading to tie a few things up with Sebastian, before we head off" I mentioned, while signing off on some documents.

Although my head was down, I could feel that Eric turned around. I plopped my head up and watched as he chest was heaving up and down. Breathing heavily in thinking on what to say.

"Eric..." I stayed calmly.

"I'm done." Was all he said.

Silence fell upon the room. "Elaborate, please Eric. You're done?"

"After we rescue Miss Romano, I want out of this job"

"Eric, I understand what has happened to Michelle has taken a lot on you and her, but you swore an oath to serve"

"I can't put her in anymore danger. I want her to live a life without looking behind her shoulder or watching her back"

"I understand that and you've been my guard for too long. You are a dear friend that I have cherished our friendship, I can assure you. I do respect your wishes in regards of resigning once this is over..."