☁️ |🏡A Quiet Time💨

type of story: fluff

It was a glorious night, the stars are shining brightly as ever and everyone was minding their own business. Hailey, Zander, and Bethany are all in the same room but somehow aren't talking or making any noise. Which is very relaxing for both Michael and Shannon. Hailey is writing something in her songbook while listening to her headphone, Zander is reading his book on the couch, and Bethany is sleeping on Zander's lap. On the other hand, Michael and Shannon are in the kitchen. 

Shannon's pov.

"Do you need help, dear?" I leaned on the wall crossing my arms and looking at my husband stumbling in the kitchen. "No, honey. you know I'm capable of making a cup of coffee" Michael answered with a sweet tone giving reassurance to his wife who is visibly worried. I smiled, "Well, alright but be careful, dear." Michael isn't the best in the kitchen, But he's trying his best to learn what he can. Michael let out a sigh and put his hands on his hips proudly. "I'm finished, Honey. Now tell me how good it tastes!" Michael happily handed out the cup to me. I giggled at how silly he is and took a sip of the coffee made by my husband. 

"How is it?" Michael asked excited for the answer from his wife. "I like it! it tastes like coffee" I said sarcastically. "very funny, honey" I smirked at his response. "seriously dear, it's just coffee! how can anyone struggle on making coffee?" I playfully punched his shoulder and then rubbed it right after. "Yeah, I know" Michael scratched his head giving me a cheeky smile. "Come on, let's see what the kids are up to" I grabbed Michael's hand guiding him to the living room.

When the sight of the living room came up, something seemed to stop us from walking a little further. I gave Michael the eye and Michael returned it with a raised brow. "Oh my god, they're in the same room and they're not trying to kill each other," I whispered to Michael trying hard not to ruin the quiet moment that is portrayed right before our eyes. "I know right? this might be a bad sign" Michael jokingly answered which caused me to roll my eyes. "I'm not sure what is happening. did we do something?" I asked Michael with concern. "Now, Honey. Let's not overthink anything! How about we enjoy it instead?" Michael gave me his stupid cheeky smile again. That cheeky smile never failed to make me smile and let out a satisfied sigh. Oh, how I love this man. 

We ended up joining them in the living room. We sat on the nice carpet in front of the couch. Michael has his arm on my shoulder and I leaned my head towards him. The wind blows through the room. I took a sip of the nice coffee that the love of my life has made for me. It was an amazing needed quiet time after such a long day. I closed my eyes gently listening to the little noises such as the night breeze and page-turning. 

suddenly music started playing, not just any type of music. It sounded classical. Sure enough, it was Zander's phone ringing. "give me 10 bucks if it's Luke" Hailey said with a huge smirk on her face. Zander's face scrunched "I have a life you know. it can't always be Luke." Zander glared at his older sister. His eyes went back to his phone. He quickly groaned as his hands swam into his pockets pulling out 10 bucks to give to his sister. Sure enough, his older sister was correct, it was Luke. Hailey took the 10 bucks from his hand and stick her tongue out. Zander struggled to get out of the coach knowing that Bethany's head is planted on his lap. I stood up to help him and he quickly ran upstairs to answer his boyfriend's call. I let out a frustrated sigh, disappointed that the silence had to end. Michael stood up as well giving me a pat on the back. 

"let's get Bethany to bed, honey," Michael whispered carefully picking Bethany up trying hard not to wake her. 

"Alright, dear."

707 words

A/N: HIII I'm sorry if this isn't perfect! it's my first time writing. I appreciate it if you enjoyed reading this just as much as how I enjoyed writing this. also Shannon and Michael are giving me "me and my husband - mitski"