💗💢|☕it wasn't you🚫

A short Jander fanfic that was inspired by a comic I read, Enjoy! 

"Will you promise that you'll be back?" The teal-haired girl held her ex-boyfriend's hand, who will soon be leaving. "I can't promise anything, not right now!" The peach-haired boy said, "But I'll promise to remember you." A tear came streaming down the onyx-eyed's face as the taller rubbed her cheek with his thumb.

 "Why did we have to end it? we could do a long-distance relationship! I can adjust to it!" Hailey's voice cracked in each sentence. "No, I don't want your life to be tied down, I want you to enjoy it. Maybe not with me." Jake muttered the last sentence. He slowly slipped his hands away and walked through the bridge. 

The girl could only cover her mouth with her hands which are already wet from all the tears she had to wipe. The boy turned back one last time to wave, "See you soon!" he said. 

"See you.." The girl replied to his bouncy boy, ex-boy.

_______

It has been 5 years since the boy had left the teal-haired girl to another country. They've been living their own lives not bothering to smother the other. At this point, the girl had already given up on waiting. There was no point in contacting him in any way, there would only be a tear that could be summoned, not him.

So here she is, a 22-year-old woman working part-time as a waitress at a local cafe, to fill her needs while she's in her last studying year in college. She was wiping the counter at the time. Until she heard a familiar tune coming from a certain person's phone. It was no ordinary tune, it was the usual tune Jake uses for his phone. I quickly shook it off, convincing myself that it was nothing. Until I heard his voice, "Yeah, yeah Mom. I know! It wouldn't take long!" the voice said. There was no doubt, it was him.

Determined by her beliefs, she approached the man. She tapped on his shoulder lightly not wanting to startle the person in case it was just her hallucination. "I'm sorry, are you Jake?" Hailey asked for assurance that it was not the wrong person. Despite the calm approach, it made him jump. "Hails? is it really you?" He turned to the woman who had her eyes widened. 

"Oh my god!" She took a few steps backwards with her hand covering her mouth. The brown-eyed man stood and took the woman's hand. "Come and sit!" The onyx-eyed woman nodded and sat down beside him. "So, um I don't know how to start!" Hailey scratched her head, this was what she always wanted, then why wasn't she enjoying it the way she wanted to? 

"Um, HEY! Have you been into anyone lately?" The man asked excitedly with a wide smile splattered on his face, not wanting it to be an awkward meeting. "Are you actually asking me that?" The woman said with an irritated tone as the man just giggled. "Awe come on! I wanna know what has been going on with your life," He rested the side of his face on his hand which made his cheek collide as he looks at her longingly. 

"Well, I've dated a few people here and there," She replied letting out a sigh. "But it didn't really last long and it wasn't serious." The woman said, looking down slightly reddening from embarrassment. "Oh.. why not?" The man's heart sunk slightly, feeling bad for the bad choice of topic yet he had no other idea of conversing. "It's because... wait never mind," The woman muttered. "WHAT?? noo! now you got me all curious!" The man answered with a whining voice. "Go ahead! tell me!"  He pled. 

The teal-haired shook her head. "why not?? come on!! it's alright!" he attempted to persuade shaking her shoulder gently, putting a fought smile on the side of the woman's lips. "well... it's okay if you don't want t-" Jake gave up but was quickly cut off by the teal-haired. "Ugh because..." Hailey growled. "because.." she softened, "it wasn't you."

686 words

A/N I'm sorry that I haven't been updating that often. I also apologize that this is a short one. My exams just finished! and now I'm back in my bone-breaking days.