💗💢|🌹The Drummer's Grief🪦

TW: mentions of a character's death, mentions of s*icide, mentions of h*nging

Everything felt like it was falling apart. Nothing seemed to be able to replace the numbing feeling, the aching in everyone's chest. Nothing can avert their attention from the pain of losing a beloved boy, a friend, a son, a brother, and a lover. How did it come to this? The same boy was still laughing and playing the piano the day before, everything felt alright. Then why did they find a hanging boy on the tree in their backyard? a question nobody could answer, and nobody would. The boy was put down, there was no pulse, they were all too late to save him. The guilt rushes through his relative's veins, it felt like a dream, a nightmare. You could hear the cries of a woman holding her son's cold hands, who was no longer breathing. The news was spread, and they gathered in a graveyard for the burial of a beloved pianist.

Everyone came with sniffles and tears flooding the place. Everyone came to grief altogether for the loss of the boy, everyone but one. Hailey seems to be looking for this one person. After the coffin was lowered, and the flowers were placed. Hailey decided to make one final stop before coming back to her abode.

She arrived and walked towards the door. She lets out a deep sigh and knocked. There was no answer, so she knocked again. There was no answer. "Luke... your aunt said you're home!" Hailey called out. "Please... open the door." There was no answer on the other side. She pulled on the doorknob and it turned out that the entrance door wasn't locked. Hailey excused herself and stepped in. Calling the drummer's name from time to time. She stepped in front of the room of the drummer. "Luke? we need to talk," Hailey sternly said. Luke opened the door with a smile that was not familiar to the teal-haired girl. "Oh! Hi Hailey, sorry I didn't hear the door opening," he greeted. You could see eyebags under his eyes, he looks messed up. He hasn't taken a shower by the sight of it, he lost his sparks and everything was dank. "I was wondering why you didn't show up to the funeral," Hailey lets her eyebrows sink, as she gave him a concerned look.

"What funeral? whose is it for?" Luke replied, his voice sounding unsettling as he tilted his head with his eyes widened. Hailey frowned, "Luke, you can't do this..."

"Do what? Hails, I don't understand what you're saying," Luke slightly scoffed, crossing his arms. "I'm going to take Zander out this evening!" Hailey widened her eyes as goosebumps creeps beneath her. "See! I'm going to text him right now!" Luke pulled his phone out but quickly got it snatched by the teal-haired girl. "Luke that's enough!" She said narrowing her eyebrows. "What do you mean, Hailey?" Luke scoffed, letting discomposed air flow through the halls.

"Luke... I know, you're dealing with a huge pain right now!" Hailey pointed out, "We're all dealing with the same, and we can go through all this together." "I heard from your aunt that you haven't been eating these few days," Hailey attempted to reach the boy. "I don't like this behavior; trust me, neither would Zander."

Hailey was in fear of the unexpected responses she's been receiving. "How would you know what he likes." a cracked deep voice answered. "HOW WOULD ANYBODY KNOW??" Luke yelled, surprising the girl as she had never heard the drummer use that tone of voice. Hailey couldn't make out what Luke was saying the next second. He was just yelling nonsense as sobs were growing. She just couldn't contain herself, she broke down as well. She started crying too.

Luke sat back on his bed as Hailey followed to sit beside him. None of them were willing to break the awkward silence, especially after the sudden outburst. The auburn-haired boy started to speak but instead let out a shaky breath as he put his hands onto his eyes, catching any tears that were caught streaming down. Hailey puts her hand on his back and started to rub circles, comforting him. "Why.. didn't he tell me?" He managed to put some words together. "Didn't he love me?" he added.

"Luke... he does love you," Hailey responded softly. "Then why did he leave me?" He raised his voice. "Why did he have to leave me? ANSWER ME HAILEY?" he yelled out, the tears escaping through the gaps of his fingers. Hailey wanted to respond, but she couldn't seem to puzzle any speech, she ended up starting to tear up again. Sympathizing from the excruciating disappointment and pain that the drummer must have been experiencing. "I love him so much Hailey, I don't know what to do anymore" he stammered. "I know, Luke. I understand," Hailey replied. "I love him too, he was my brother."

"I could've never imagined what he had been feeling for the past days that could drive him to... such matter," Hailey gulped, not wanting the room to be flooded with more tears than it already is. "I can't believe I lost my only brother," Hailey wept realizing the situation she was in once again. "I want you to stay strong, Luke. I'm sure he would want you to stay strong too!"

Hailey grabbed the tissue box on Luke's nightstand and handed it to the auburn-haired boy. "He would want all of us to stay strong," Hailey muttered. Luke grabbed the tissue box and placed it on his lap as he grabbed a bunch to wipe his tears and blows his nose onto it. "I'm sure, you're right. I'm sorry Hailey!" Luke sniffed, avoiding eye contact as his face darkened. He was confused, he had no idea whether he had felt better or not. Everything just felt wrong and numb, it almost feels like there was no point anymore. The boy he was in love with was gone, but he had to move on with his normal life as it would be what the boy he loves wanted.

"Hailey, will you accompany me to go somewhere for a bit?" Luke asked as he stood up making his way to grab his sweater and scarf. Hailey confusedly raised her eyebrow but she agreed to him anyway. It would be the least she could do for the depressed boy that was present ahead of her. "Sure!" Hailey nodded as she smiled. Luke took a few minutes to get ready before finally heading to the location he was planning to go together with the teal-haired girl.

__

They walked, in the opposite direction of where Hailey came from. Luke had decided to face Zander's tomb. Luke decided to face the reality up front. They entered the location where fresh flowers and wet dirt were still placed onto it. Luke kneeled brushing his fingers toward the stone with his lover's name written on it. "Hey, Zander!" Luke greeted with a weak smile, "Sorry it took a while for me to come see you." "But I'm here now! I just want you to know that, I'm sorry I couldn't save you," Luke's deep voice cracked as his eyes started to water again. "I just want you to know that, I'm glad I had the chance to have you as my childhood friend, my best friend, and my boyfriend."

"Your presence helped me, every second you were in my life I enjoyed it as a gift. you always make me happy, and you didn't even have to talk to make me smile. You didn't have to do anything! you being beside me was enough to save me. I'm sorry I wasn't there with you when you were going through all the bad things that bothered you and pushed you to the edge. You're my first love, I've never been so attached to someone other than you. I'm sorry that you couldn't hear the vows that I prepared for you." Luke stopped as he sobbed, "I'm sorry Zander, I love you so much." He leaned on the stone as tear droplets fell onto his lover's tomb. "I'll never forget you, Zander!" He pressed his forehead on the stone.

Hailey goes onto her knees and puts her hand on the auburn-haired boy's shoulder noticing the state he was in. Luke sniffed and stood up, "I'll see you later, Zander! I will come to visit you every time I have the chance I promise!" Luke smiled. The drummer turned to Hailey and nodded giving her a sign that he was ready to leave. Hailey stood, "I'm proud of you Luke," She gave him a pat on the back. "I'll be leaving Zander! I promise to never let you feel lonely!" Luke claimed enthusiastically. "Never again... honey," Luke mumbled. They left with a warm feeling radiating around them.