💢|⚠️I'll always be there🍷

Type of story: hurt/comfort, angst

TW: underage drinking

Hailey wanted to fit in with her classmates since she finally steps into her third year of high school. She made a few friends in class that seem to have the same colors and interests as she does. This fact has made her more enthusiastic about going to school. Eversince Sean's departure from the music club due to graduation, The music club disbanded. They still hang out in the music club room. But, their club activities were less productive. Hailey was never the type of teenager to party and come home late. She got an opportunity to come to her friend's party one day, but she refused as usual. which did not sit right with her friends at all. The whole school week they ignored her and whispered stuff into each other's ear leaving Hailey behind. Hailey made a promise to herself to never refuse to come to another party or hang out in the future.

One day her friends were planning to sneak in and buy some drinks at night. One of her friends found a fake id that would allow them to buy some alcohol. Hailey icks at the idea, but reminded herself that they're the only friends she has and she can't risk losing them. She quickly gave a thumbs up and gave a forceful smile that none of her friends find suspicious. Hailey simply told her mom that she is going to hang out at her friend's house. Hailey never usually goes out and hangs out with her friends other than the music club members. Shannon shrugged it off and felt a little relieved that her daughter wants to hang out with her friends.

Hailey and her friends initiated the plan and got themselves some drinks. They brought the alcohol back to one of her friend's houses. Of course, they bought it so they had to drink it as well. Her friend offers her a glass, which Hailey refused at first. But she gave up anyway. So here she is getting wasted at a friend's house because she completely cannot risk losing what she wanted to achieve in such a long time. And, so Hailey walked home with an earthquake in her head. She took a deep breath and opened the door to her house. meeting a glare from Shannon sitting on a couch.

Hailey's pov.

"do you know what time it is young woman?" my mom asked with a stern look on her face which made me shiver already overflowing with guilt. "Listen, I have no problem with you hanging out with your friends but you have to know your-" Something stopped her which I'm guessing was the strong stench of alcohol that stuck onto me. "Oh my god, Hailey have you been drinking?" Her voice raised. I understand why she's mad at me but because I was already frustrated it just made me angry. "SO WHAT IF I WAS? You'll never understand me anyway," I lashed out speed-walking to my room. It was late, and most of my family has already fallen asleep. I collapsed on my bed. I felt like I wanted to cry because of how much my headache was attacking me.

I never really yelled or disobeyed my mother's orders, The fact that I just yelled at her makes the headache stronger. Suddenly I hear my door creak, I glanced over to see who it is, it was Shannon. "what do you want?" it wasn't what I was planning to say but I was still a little drunk so I couldn't think clearly. "sweetheart, I want to help you," she said holding a tray with some medicines and a glass of water. I sat up and let out a sigh. "I know your head is probably killing you right now, and I wanna be there for you," she said putting the tray on my nightstand and sitting beside me rubbing my shoulder. I quickly hugged her, my eyes started to tear up. she just rubbed circles on my back and handed me the medicine.

I drank it and I leaned on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry Mom," I said sobbing onto her shoulder. "It's fine, sweetie. I want you to know that I'll always be there for you" she said with a gentle voice. "I didn't have any friends," my voice cracks. "it was the only way," She hushed me brushing her hand on my hair. "I understand sweetie, I know how it feels. I want you to know that I'll always be there for you. you're not alone," She wiped away my tears with her thumb. "Now, it's time to go to bed. we'll talk more in the morning, alright dear?" She kissed me on the forehead. She gently laid me down and tucked me into bed. "I love you, Mom."

"I love you too, sweetheart," She answered. She turned off the lights in my room and kissed me on the forehead another time.

829 words

A/N: fun fact this fanfiction was inspired by modern family. Anyways I cried in the process of writing this. that's simply all. have a nice day.