☁️💢|🚲Don't let go! 🏥

It was sunny that day, and nothing was stopping the small loving family from experiencing new things. The sky was blue and clear, not even grief could trample the two. The little girl bounced on her shoes, clapping her hands together. Her cheerful father brought out a bicycle for her.

The teal-haired man placed the bicycle in front of the little girl, wiping the sweat off his forehead afterward. The girl squealed, "THANK YOU DADDY!" She shook him lightly as she almost immediately attempted to get on the bicycle. "W-wait! Careful! I'll help you," The teal-haired man giggled, as he held her, helping her get on the bicycle seat. 

"This might get a little tricky at first, but I'm sure you'll get it!" He said as one of his hands holding the bicycle steer, and the other on her seat. "Okay, Dad!" her smile widened, she trusted her old man. 

Michael guided his daughter along the road carefully. "Go on! Paddle sweetheart!" Michael soothly commanded. The little girl was hesitant, her tongue sticking out as she tried her hardest to focus. 

After his daughter gained a tolerable flow, he let his hands go. She quickly lost her balance, the bicycle going left and right by the second, it was ready to fall. The little girl's breath quickened knowing the danger as she gasped. Michael almost immediately returned his grip. 

"Dad? Why'd you let go???" The little girl frowned, slightly disappointed. Her question could only make the grown man chuckle, "Well, I can't hold you forever! When will you learn??" His daughter could only pout.

"Come on! Let's try again!" Michael gave a genuine smile to his daughter. "But, I don't want to go if you let go!!" The little girl crossed her arms. "Hailey, sweetie.." The teal-haired man sighed. "FINE! But promise to only let me go when I told you so!" The girl sassily averted her gaze, bracing to give it another go. "Okay! I will!"

They've been going for a few minutes, Hailey had her eyes on the road and she is starting to feel the rhythm. "Okay! You can let go!" The little girl exclaimed although she realized that her father was not holding her at the time. "Dad???" She made the mistake of looking back, as she lost her balance. She fell onto the hard ground, tears streaming down her face.

"Oh no! Sweetheart! I'm so sorry! You were doing so well!" Michael ran up to the little girl who had her knees close to her chest. She whimpered, pointing at the bruise on her knees. They immediately went home afterward. Michael aided her bruise with much care, as she glared at her father. "You didn't keep your promise!" She pouted. "I'm sorry sweetie, no more promise-breaking from now on.." He held his daughter close, "I promise."

_____________________________________________________________

"Hey, sweetheart" Michael greeted his 17-year-old daughter, she had just arrived home. "How was school?" He asked lovingly. "Nothing much happened," She said as she made her way up the stairs. "Alright, Honey!" He raised his voice to make sure she heard him from all the way upstairs, and he sighed. 

"Is everything okay?" A purple-haired woman came into view from the door frame. "Yeah, I think." He responded, taking a sit on the couch. "Where's Zander?" Michael asked his beloved wife. "He said he'll arrive before dinner, he's going out with Luke," Shannon replied to Michael's concern.

Michael could only make an "o" shape with his mouth as he shifted his gaze. "Have you ever wondered how quickly these kids grew up?" He questioned, as Shannon put a cup of coffee on the living room table. "Well, I guess that's how life works," Shannon answered, taking a seat herself right beside him.

"Don't you ever wish you could turn back time just to see your son's young little smile?" Michael turned towards his wife. "Maybe, in certain times.." She gave it a little thought before adding another response, "Yeah, I kinda miss those times when he smiles more often than today.." She smirked, taking a sip of the coffee she brought. 

Michael chuckled at his wife's remark. "Cheer up, Honey. Hailey has grown into a beautiful girl, now all we can do is smile at the memories and support them as the progress continues." Shannon pecked Michael's cheek.

"I guess you're right," Michael smiled at Shannon's gestures. "Thanks, Honey." The teal-haired man swung his arm around his wife. "Anytime sweetheart." 

Suddenly, there was a sound coming from the stairs. Hailey had come running down, "Hey Dad! Hey mom! I'm going to a friend's house for a school project!" She said as she slid her coat over her shoulder. "Alright, be careful honey!" Shannon replied as Hailey hurried out the door. 

__________________________________________

Hailey ran, knowing that she was late. She was thinking about an excuse she's gonna go with as soon as she arrives. Unfortunately, she ran across a phenomenon. It went bright for a moment. She couldn't recall things other than the sounds of engines and sirens all thrown in her face at once.

The misfortune brought a gasp from Hailey's lovely family and friends, especially Michael himself. He and Shannon rushed to the designated place. A few nurses had to calm him down from bringing enragement through the halls.

Now he's sitting, gazes upon the floor, with his wife's hand on his shoulder. Shannon knew nothing was saving him from his rough thoughts, so she chose to keep quiet and make some comfort gestures to help him. 

A few hours passed by and the hospital was filled with Hailey's friends and relatives awaiting the news from the doctors that was handling her situation. After what felt like forever, a doctor came out of the room Hailey was in. 

Michael quickly approached them and questioned, "Is she okay??" The doctor went silent for a moment, then they began to speak, "Her condition is very fatal, although the surgery went well." The end of the sentence fished out some relaxed sighs from everyone in the room.

"..We're facing a 50% odd, there's a chance that she wakes up and we wouldn't have to do further surgery. But if she doesn't then, her life will be under threat." The doctor continued. "W-what??! What do you mean?? I thought you said the surgery went well???!!" Michael complained with his voice slightly raised.

"It did, it concluded us towards this situation. The car was at an unusually high speed when it hit her, her important internal organs and nerves seem to be heavily disturbed.."  The doctor further explains. "The surgery we had just finished was still roughly done and we hoped it could help her open her eyes."

"You have to do everything in your power! We beg of you!" Shannon pled to the doctor. The doctor could only sigh, "We're doing the best we can, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You all may see her," The doctor assured the group. Shannon thanked the doctor kindly before they left the group on their own.

Shannon instructed Hailey's friends to be able to see Hailey in small groups of three, to not crowd the room. And so, they went in turns until there was nobody else but Michael. Michael held his daughter's hand lovingly, his heart shattering with every beep the machine made.

Her body was unconscious and peaceful, she'd always been young and beautiful in her father's eyes. The amount of things he'd trade just to see her giggle again is uncountable. It was almost time for everyone to leave due to the time. Michael went to slip his fingers out of his daughter's hand. Suddenly a strange echo rang in his ears.

"Dad? Why'd you let go???" It was the sound of a little girl. Not just any little girl, It was his daughter herself. He recalled a special memory, then he sat back down.

"I'm not going to let go," He thought out loud, "..Not this time.."

______________________

1314 words

A/N How are you all? finally a fanfic with barely Lander in it!! I can't wait for the music freaks season 2. Don't leave on me guys