⏳️father-son bonding 🎣

It was Sunday morning, and Michael didn't have any specific things to do. He has himself glued to the couch and tv since he woke up. He groaned to himself each second, having nothing to do is like a curse to him. Shannon approached her green-haired husband who is sprawling on the couch. "Good morning, dear." Shannon sat down on the couch filling the rest of the space. Michael sat up and greets his purple-haired wife, "Good morning, honey!" the green-haired man said, clearly excited. "you look like you're free," Shannon stated. "I'm glad you can tell honey! it's like you have superpowers." Michael said jokingly causing Shannon to roll her eyes.

"Well, dear. If you don't mind doing it, I have one job for you." Shannon said making Michael perk up with excitement. "you know I can handle anything" Michael grinned at his wife. "I know you can, I believe you can," Shannon responded. "I want you to take my son out" Shannon continued with a serious tone. "what do you mean, honey?" Michael raised his brow. 

"Well, I want you two to have some quality time together! Have some bros night out or I don't know" Shannon explained. "I just want my son and husband to get along well," Shannon mumbled loud enough for Michael to hear. "hey, we do get along well! I guess it's just we have very different interests and.." Shannon frowned, stopping Michael from saying anything further. "..but I guess I can take him out to go fishing! like the signature father and son quality time," Michael continued, Shannon smiled and kisses him on the cheek. "thank you, dear." Shannon hugged her husband which he swiftly returned "You're welcome honey." 

There were lots of whining and yelling, but of course, there would always be whining and yelling knowing Zander. But he ended up agreeing in the end. so here they are together in Michael's car, with nothing but uncomfortable silence on their way to the fishing pond. "So, son. How has school been?" Michael started trying to small talk himself away from the silence. "I don't think I have any interest in talking about school, can you not?" The purple-haired boy responded annoyedly. "Come on, work with me. I'm trying my hardest here." Michael pled. "Why did you decide to do this anyway? anything but fishing. you know I hate doing outdoor things." Zander pouted, crossing his arms avoiding any eye contact with Michael. "I thought it'd be fun! besides, we rarely hang out. why not try it out this time?" Zander sighed at Michael's response. 

"Fine, whatever. I'll try it out." Zander groaned giving up. Michael smiled at his son, now the silence is less uncomfortable. They arrived at the fishing pond, Zander got off the car while Michael parked. They were greeted by friendly staff as they step into the area. Zander leaned on the fence texting, while Michael rented some fishing equipment, bait, and a spot for them. Once Michael finished, they walked through the wooden bridge to the location where they were going to fish. Michael sat down and pulls out one of the fishing poles.

"Zander, have you fished before?" Michael asked. "No.. never. My father took me here once when I was a child, but I just watched back then." Zander answered, Michael made an "O" and nodded along turning back to the pond. "How about as your father now, I will teach you," Michael said putting one of his hands on his hip looking very cocky. "alright, fine," Zander said with his same annoyed tone showing how uninterested he is in the activity. 

Michael attached the bait to the hook and extended the pole out over the water. "watch and learn, son." Michael sat down and waited for the fish to bite. Zander was already bored so he pulled out his phone. Not liking his son's behavior, Michael pointed out, "Zander, you'll miss the cool part if you're going to be on your phone-" "THERE IS NO COOL PART! we all know how it goes, and there's nothing cool about this," Zander cuts Michael off, Michael frowned at his purple-haired son. "I'm sorry Michael, but let's just face it. this is useless," Zander continued. Michael lets out a sigh he went quiet for a moment and then smiled at his son, "I know Zander, I just want to spend time with you like any father with their son would." Zander gleamed at Michael's statement. But Zander was very stubborn so he doesn't want to make it look like he was shaken by what Michael said. Zander still kept his head turned away from Michael.