💗☁️| Sparks

College year has been truly draining for the love birds. They barely would have the time to talk to each other, and even if they did it wouldn't be that long. They would have stacks of schoolwork and would have no time to get into what the other is doing.

It was the weekend and so the two boys sat together in their apartment, they were leaning on the same bedpost. There was a weird silence in the room that was bound to be broken. Zander sat up putting his phone on the nightstand beside the bed, as he groaned.

Luke looked over at his lover who seemed to be annoyed by something. "What's wrong, my dear?" Luke gently inquired, lazily turning his head towards the latter. "I feel like, something's missing." He griped crossing his arms together, as he straightened his sitting posture.

"Do you have any idea what it is?" Luke lowered his phone that was in his hands. "Luke, I don't know how to say this but..." Zander gulped, nervously fiddling with fingers.

"I think I've lost my spark," Zander uttered, biting his lip and preparing himself for Luke's further response. Luke sighed as he re-adjusted to a sitting position, "Me too.."

Zander disappointedly shifted his gaze downwards, feeling the uncomfortable aura spread throughout the room. A part of him didn't want Luke to say the same. He wished the brunette had a romantic resolution for the two to end better.

"So, what should we do?" Zander fretted, he felt as if he knew what he was going to say, but he wanted to wait for Luke's reply. "What do you think we're going to do?" Luke murmured, raising his brow. Zander was devastated, he always hated serious talks, especially if the other keeps throwing questions back.

Zander was annoyed at how Luke was taking it so lightly, "Are we gonna break up?" He slightly raised his voice, mostly from disbelief. "Is that what you want?" Luke asked back, Zander scrunched his face.

"Is that what YOU want?" The periwinkle-eyed jeered the brunette, glaring at his boyfriend. "No, not really..." Luke drawled, shrugging. "Is that your answer?" Zander turned towards Luke, biting the insides of his cheeks.

"Yeah, of course! I still love you," Luke replied lightly, grabbing the glass of water that was sitting on the nightstand on his side of the bed, and casually drinking it. "How are we going to stay together if we don't have the sparks anymore?!" Zander hissed, Luke gently put the glass of water back and a loving smile was plastered on his face.

"We're going to find it again!" The brunette bubbled, Zander's jaw lowered at how unserious the boy was. "How the hell are we gonna do that?!" Zander groused.

"I don't know," Luke said, in a playful tone. Zander was frustrated, "Are you playing with me?" He huffed. "What? You can't fall in love with someone that you've fallen in love with before?" Luke explained as he stood up.

"I don't know how that's possible..." Zander muttered, his gaze overtaken by the brunette who was approaching the wardrobe.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?!" Zander halted the brunette. Luke cheekily smiled, "getting ready?"

"For what?" Zander raised his eyebrow, still confused at the brunette's motive. "I'm gonna take you out for dinner!" Luke exclaimed as he started to change his clothes.

"Are you dumb?"

"I might be," Luke giggled, "If I prove you wrong, then you're paying tonight!!"

"H-HEY! I didn't agree to anything!" Zander stuttered although he couldn't fight the smile that was peeking on the side of his lips.

"Oh...Luke.." The mauve-haired boy murmured under his breath, as he stood and went to follow Luke's movement.

_

613 words

Hi, young people on the internet. I wanted to share a love wisdom with you: honeymoon phases come and go, but they can be fixed with the right communication and participation! Don't let your emotions control you and come to learn your partner. That's it from me.. Have a nice day!