CH-4 Yukinoshita's Declaration

Yukinoshita's POV

The competition is going to be held in a week and we are not given any specific information about it. None of us have any idea how this competition is going to turn out. Even though it sound weird Ayanokouji-kun joining the club may be a bit useful as it would be easier to talk to him and work with him for the competition. The teacher's word about him still doesn't fit in my mind.

After the classes today I asked Ayanokouji-kun to talk to me later. He hesitated at first but I made him agree. So we decided to meet after all our club activities.

"So what do you want to talk about?" asked Ayanokouji-kun.

"I want to talk about the competition which is gonna start in a week. We have really less time and no clue about the key information about the competition. So I thought it would be fine if we talked and sorted out about this thing."

"I really thought a lot but I guess I am not so interested in the competition. This is not going to effect our scores or evaluation. It is just being held for a welcoming setup for the freshers. So I don't think I will be of any help to you." replied Ayanokouji.

It actually disappointed me. There were only 6 days left and even if it was not so important I still wanted to win this competition. After Ayanokouji left, I began thinking what to do next. Now I am starting to regret that I didn't actually make any friends from the class.

So I decided to talk with my group for this matter. I called them in the night to get some response.

"So how well is your preparation going?"

"Everything is going pretty well Yukinon. I have made many friends and we are trying our best for the competition." replied Yuigahama.

"Uh.. I actually am trying to talk with my classmates here. Its just that I don't like them much as they are no less that fools who waste their entire time. I will try talking to them tomorrow. What about you Yukinoshita?" said Hikigaya.

"I am trying my best but getting together is something I am not being able to do." I replied.

Later then i ended the call and started to think about the competition. If Ayanokouji-kun is not willing to help me there is very less chance that I can do anything. Even if Ayanokouji-kun was helping me I don't think i would be much big. He doesn't seem to have good abilities which may be useful in the competition.

Ayanokouji's POV

Yukinoshita asked me for help related to the contest. Even if I have no interest in all these things this may actually matter in my scores because universities like this one can do anything unpredictable. Even if they said that this competition is just for fun this may be a source for our scores as well. The next day while going to the class I met Horikita.

"Well after you finally join a club, you must also be prepared for the competition aren't you?" asked Horikita.

"No not much. Moreover I declined a request related to the competition the previous day." I replied.

"That's rude of you. You should go and provide help to your classmates. You are gonna spend some years with them after all." said Horikita.

"As you know me Horikita, I hate being the center of attention. So I guess if I will I will probably work from the background just as I did in the Island Test of our first year in ANHS." I said.

"Its so like you. Fine do whatever you want. I will be looking forward to compete with your class. For now I take my leave. The classes are gonna start." said Horikita. She then left. She still had not told me about the second guy. I guess I will get to know about him/her in the competition.