CH-6 The Turn Of Game

Yukinoshita's POV

So after being third place in the last qualifying five, Tatumo was actually really sad and all of our fate for this contest was completely dependent upon that one random selection. They were taking their time and we were facing the most harsh time. The coming round was the last round and if we at least even enter this round we can get some good number of points. But the suspense was high because the there would be only 1 person to qualify out of 6.

I saw Ayanokouji-kun chilled there. I don't understand this guy at all. Every one of are worried about this issue and this guy is chilled. I wanted to talk but I didn't knew how to start. After some time the teacher announced the qualified participants.

" So the ones who have qualified are Katako, Hikuma, Kenji Hota and...." Everyone had their hopes on and we all wanted Tatumo's name to be there. Soon our wish's result was shown.

"Tatumo!!!! So the five participants for the finals has been decided. Now move to your respective places and I command every participant to warm up for the Finals."

Our wish was granted and Tatumo was selected in the finals keeping his name in the Top 5. But there was a problem now. The other four were experts and Tatumo was weak in front of them. So even if we reached the finals, I had lost hope for winning it.

"Don't worry! We will win. This is on me." whispered Ayanokouji-kun.

"Wait how? With those four in the finals it is nearly impossible for Tatumo to win." I said.

"I said not to worry. I will handle this." said Ayanokouji-kun going towards the participants room.

Ayanokouji-kun soon came back and stood right side of me with a expressionless face. I was just staring at him when he again said.

"Everything is done. This win is ours."

I was really confused. This guy is actually weird as Hikigaya said. He doesn't express anything and no one knows what he is thinking. Whatever the swimming area was changed into a larger one and this one was much more bigger than a previous one so it would surely take time for it to end.

The participants came out and dived to the pool and started swimming in some area. The teacher soon announced that the finals were going to start soon.

I was actually very worried about this round but for some reason Ayanokouji-kun's words were giving me hope. I knew he had plotted something and I hoped that it would work.

The participants were just taking their positions and the teacher announced the start of the Finals. The swimmers took their positions and braced themselves.

After a minute the whistle was blown and the race started. Katako and Kenji were in the lead, Hikuma was in third place and Hota and Tatuma were in fourth and fifth. This looked really bad for us. But Ayanokouji-kun was really not worried at all.

Soon enough the race started getting complicated as Kenji and Katako were having a immense competition. It looked like both of them wanted to crush each other. Hikuma also was looking angry. Tatumo some how took fourth place leaving Hota a bit behind.

The competition was getting rough and as the place was really big the competitors were starting to be a bit tired. Katako had lose some pace and Kenji beat him but Kenji also was slow than before. Hikuma was catching up and Hota and Tatumo were left far behind. My hopes were completely crushed at this time as Tatumo again lost and was in fifth place.

Finally after some time Katako and Kenji completed half of the race. Hikuma was a bit far from them and Hota and Tatumo also started to gain pace. There was a spot to rest for some time so Katako and Kenji stopped. Hikuma also joined and started taking rest. For some reason it looked like those three were in high temper and were glaring at each other.