02. first bite

Izuku's big green eyes were wide and trembling. He looked appalled, and somewhat horrified as well, although you supposed that was only natural, considering what you'd just asked him. In a human-dominated world such as this one, someone like you was an obvious anomaly.

Still, you weren't feeling well right now. Far from it, as a matter of fact. The suddenness of your being brought into this different realm was clearly having an adverse effect on your body. You couldn't remember the last time you'd felt such a dizzying wave of hunger before.

If you didn't consume some blood, and soon, things were going to get ugly.

You swallowed hard, trying not to scare him too much. "I can understand... why you'd be shocked. I've been catching you off guard with so many different things. But, um, you see... I'm actually a vampire. I need to drink blood in order to survive. And I'm feeling super weak all of a sudden..."

Cue the silence. He wasn't speaking at all. Actually, it was more accurate to say that he couldn't speak, what with the way his mouth had frozen from shock. His reaction was enough to tell you that vampires definitely weren't commonplace in this world, unlike what you'd been hoping for.

"V-Vampire," Izuku blinked, still trying to wrap his head around your words. "This is all just... I'm sorry, but I don't know what to think. By vampire, you mean those supernatural beings that drink blood from humans?"

"Ah. So, you have heard of us."

"Only in books and movies! Not in real life!"

"Well, it looks as though what may be fiction in one world is actually reality in another. When you think about it, having multiple worlds in the first place is already crazy enough. Before I was cast away, I hadn't even considered the possibility."

As much as you would have loved to sit down and have a proper conversation explaining the details of your situation, you could feel yourself growing weaker by the second. At first, it was just that your body felt hot and you were rather dizzy, but your stomach was starting to have painful pangs, and the cut on your shoulder was throbbing uncontrollably. You hadn't realized just how much strain this change would place on your body. Fuck...

You felt like you might go insane.

"I-I'm sorry for frightening you," you managed weakly. This was bad. This was really, really bad. If Izuku didn't agree to give you some of his blood, you were afraid that in your desperation, you might just lunge straight at him. The whole purpose of you being here was so that you could learn to control yourself, but how could you do that under these circumstances? Your body felt like it was being ripped apart from the inside. Even your brain was starting to turn to mush.

Izuku now looked visibly concerned, although it could have been that your vision was also starting to fail you. Either way, it seemed like he was beginning to take your words much more seriously. The way you kept on gasping for breath and clutching at your injured shoulder probably had something to do with it.

"Are you... telling the truth?" he asked quietly. "If you're really telling the truth, and you need to do this otherwise you won't survive... then I don't mind giving you my blood."

You gave him a look of disbelief. He... actually believed you? If vampires truly didn't exist in this world, then he really had no reason to. You imagined that most people would have probably shrugged you off, assuming that you were putting on some overdramatic performance for whatever reason. Maybe they would have even thought you were insane.

But not Izuku. You could tell by the way he was looking at you. Whether or not he was truly convinced by your words, it seemed like in this moment, the only thing he was interested in was helping to ease your pain.