41. in a trance

Chisaki pushed you into a room and shut the door behind him. You were now locked inside a secluded space with this man, and even though it meant that there was no longer a staggering number disadvantage, you somehow felt a hundred times more uneasy than before.

You swallowed, backing away a bit. There was nowhere to go. He was blocking the way to the door, and you got the feeling that if you tried anything funny, he would quickly put you in your place.

But why? What did he still want with you? You thought that you'd made it clear you hadn't lied to him. Hell, even one of his own men had been able to confirm that you were telling the truth!

You couldn't possibly know what was going through Chisaki's head, but for once, just for once, you prayed that the universe would be merciful.

Chisaki stared at you from afar. His eyes were impossibly narrowed, and you could tell that he didn't quite know what to make of you. Which, by all accounts, made sense. He'd just been given the shock of a lifetime.

"A vampire from another world," he finally said, scowling as he uttered the words. "Am I seriously supposed to believe something like that?"

"But that man even questioned me!" you protested. "I've been telling the truth! I swear it on my life!"

"Yes, I understand. That's why none of this makes any sense. Even if it is the truth, how am I supposed to wrap my head around it?"

"Well, you'll just have to. There's literally nothing else I can say at this point. Everything I told you is real."

You clenched your fists, doing your utmost not to let him completely intimidate you. He was clearly a powerful man, with a great deal of influence, and an incredible Quirk, to boot. You were no weakling either, but if it came down to it, you knew all too well that you were absolutely fucked.

There was a good chance you were already a goner. In fact, he'd probably brought you in here to kill you because you'd pissed him off so much.

Part of you considered begging, but your pride prevented you from doing so. Chisaki probably wouldn't care either. At the very least, if you were going to die here, you wanted to die with some semblance of dignity.

He stepped closer to you, and you immediately flinched.

"W-Wait," you stammered, raising a hand in protest. "Just... let me gather my thoughts first. I want to come up with some cool last words that I won't regret."

Chisaki lifted a brow. "Last words? What are you talking about?"

"You're going to kill me, aren't you?"

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it by now," he scoffed.

Hm. Well, that was probably true.

He continued, "No, I'm more interested in how a situation like yours came to be in the first place. You claim to be from a different world, so how did you even end up here? Explain everything to me, and make sure to spare no detail."

Perhaps it was silly to let your guard down, but despite the fact that Chisaki always held a subtle air of hostility to him, right now, he seemed more curious than anything else. Your existence was an anomaly, and he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

"I was sent here through a spell," you explained. "Back in my world, certain people have the ability to use magic, similar to how people have Quirks in this one. There are also far more species that are capable of advanced, higher levels of thinking. Here, humans are at the top of the food chain, but in my world, that really isn't the case. There are countless others that are just as intelligent, and stronger, too. Like vampires, elves, dragons..."