09. directionally challenged

"The best way to become a hero at our age is to enroll in a school that specializes in hero training. And when it comes to hero schools, the top one is undoubtedly U.A," Izuku said.

You raised your hand. "Question. What makes U.A specifically so good?"

"Well, it's made a name for itself because of how many strong, well-known heroes have graduated from there. The most impressive of all of them is All Might, since he's the Number One. They have a lot of resources and super high-tech facilities, not to mention a teaching staff made up entirely of pro heroes. It's really difficult to get into, though, which makes sense. It has a super low acceptance rate because they want to make sure they're only picking students who have what it takes. And..."

Izuku paused for a moment to chuckle sheepishly.

"...it's also the school I've been dreaming of going to for years now."

"So, if we both get into U.A, we can become heroes?" you clarified.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Although it's obviously way easier said than done. But once you've gotten into U.A, you're pretty much set. It doesn't mean you don't need to put in the effort after getting admitted, but it's a gateway to becoming a professional."

You pursed your lips. Becoming a hero certainly sounded appealing. Not only would you eventually be able to make a living and pay Izuku back for all his generosity, but you wanted to make a difference. There was still tons of guilt weighing you down for the horrible mistakes you'd made. The least you could do was to devote yourself to a noble cause to try and make amends for what you'd done.

"When can we go to U.A?" you asked. "Shouldn't we apply as soon as possible?"

"It's a high school," Izuku explained. "There will be an entrance exam in less than a year from now, since we're third-years in middle school. As far as I know, there's both a written and practical portion to the exam, but the practical one is the hard part. I'm not sure what exactly is covered on the practical exam, but based on how low the passing percentage is, I imagine it must be really challenging."

You flattened your cheek against your palm and sighed. "I'm more worried about the written exam, to be honest. Do you think I'll be good enough at reading and writing by then?"

"Definitely!" Izuku encouraged. "You're learning so fast it's actually incredible! I've never seen anyone pick up a language as quickly as you have. Don't worry about the written component. And since you're so strong, I doubt you'll have much trouble with the practical exam either. I'm the one who's kind of screwed. I still don't really know how I'm supposed to prepare for it, since I don't have a Quirk."

As much as the idea of being a hero appealed to you, you'd be lying if you said Izuku wasn't a major source of your motivation. It would really bum you out if he didn't manage to get into U.A. Setting aside the fact that you already lived together, you wanted to be with him as much as possible. And you really wanted his dream to come true as well.

You gently squeezed Izuku's hand, then smiled. "We can do it," you reassured. "Like we talked about before, it's not like you can't become a hero just because you don't have a Quirk. I think you'll make history, Izuku. You'll prove everyone wrong."

"Right... yeah."

He blushed a bit before nodding his head in agreement. While it was incredibly unfair that the person who probably wanted to become a hero more than anyone else was at such a major disadvantage, nothing in life was a guarantee. There was no reason for him to give up without even trying.

There was still a good while before the U.A entrance exam. You wondered if there was any way for you to gather information about what the exam would be like, ahead of time. If you drank someone's blood and hypnotized them, it was certainly possible. You wouldn't really know where to start, though. And you supposed doing that was kind of cheating, since the other applicants wouldn't have access to such information.

Bloodthirst | BNHA x Vampire!Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें