10. a fated meeting

"Alright, everyone. I'll be handing back last week's math test. Be sure to look over it so that you know where you lost your marks."

Countless students let out dispirited groans, clearly dreading having to see their grades. You, on the other hand, were as chipper as could be. Math was the one subject you were good at in this world. You always felt a sense of pride when you performed well.

The teacher stopped in front of your desk, a smile blooming across his lips. "[Name]. Perfect score, as always. Though I expected nothing less."

He said it loud enough that the rest of the class could hear, which was certainly doing wonders for your ego. You proudly puffed out your chest as you accepted your test sheet back, not that you had anything to skim through.

By now, your classmates were used to you being undefeated when it came to math, but they still seemed surprised that you'd been able to maintain your perfect average until now. One of those classmates was not just surprised, but also remarkably bitter as well. He was used to being the top student in the class across all subjects, and this left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Idiot," Katsuki sneered. "What do you have to look so happy about? Math is the only thing you're good at. You're below average at all the rest. Seriously, have some fucking shame."

You turned towards him, smiling and completely undeterred. Then, you proceeded to lift up your test sheet. "Sorry, what does your paper say? It definitely doesn't have 100 written on it, huh? That means I win again, and you lose."

"When the fuck did you ever win against me?!" he practically exploded.

"Not sure. I've already lost count."

"You're asking for it at this point," he gritted out, raising his fist as a warning. Even though you wouldn't put it past him to attack you right in the middle of class, you definitely didn't consider him a threat either. You knew from experience that you could hold your own against him in a fight, and if all else failed, you could just bite him again. That sure seemed to have done the trick last time.

The teacher shook his head, letting out a heavy sigh. "[Name], Bakugou. Give it a rest. You're at each other's throats every day. I have another announcement to make, so everyone listen up. In just a minute, I'm also going to be passing around some printouts for you all to fill out regarding your desired careers, but..."

He briefly chuckled, then flung the printouts up in the air, as if they hardly served a purpose.

"Well, I already know that pretty much all of you are trying to become heroes, right?"

The atmosphere had taken a drastic turn from just a few moments earlier, when students were reluctantly mulling over their grades. Everyone was visibly enthusiastic now, laughing and cheering while they each showed off their unique abilities.

"Yes, yes," the teacher laughed. "Your Quirks are all wonderful, but you know it's against the rules to use them during school."

Katsuki took this opportunity to openly scoff. "Sensei, don't lump me in with the rest of these losers. Their pathetic-ass Quirks can't even compare to mine."

Wow, what a shock. He's bragging again.

The class was quick to reprimand him for his remarks, but Katsuki just responded with one of his obnoxious laughs. It was only then that one of the students awkwardly cleared their throat.

"Oh, right... Bakugou's aiming for U.A, isn't he?"

"Yikes! The one that's hyper-competitive to get into?"