The arrival

I was nervously waiting in the airport for the car they had arranged for me. I had never had a car arranged for me it felt very fancy I had finally hit the big leagues. I was looking around then I saw a guy with a sign with my name on it now that was cool. I later learnt that his name was Jerry. He took me to his car and we started the 2 and half hour journey, we talked for a while I think he was trying to distract me as it was pretty obvious that I was nervous. Due to the constant bouncing of my leg, but after a while my social battery was dying and he put the radio on and I fell asleep. It's weird I can never sleep when I am meant to but when it comes to any form of transport I can fall asleep instantly.

Then we arrived, I dont think I have ever been more nervous than I was in that moment it seems my whole life was coming together in this moment. That may be a little bit dramatic but it felt like it, my brain was whirring and thinking of every scenario that could possibly go wrong. After about 300 different scenarios I decided to take a step out of the car. I could do this, this wasn't just the biggest thing to ever happen to me, I started taking a few steps forward but it felt as if I was taking a million steps back. No I need to stop overthinking everything, this was the start of something amazing and i wasn't going to let my stupid brain control it.

With that I did it I walked through the doors into what would hopefully be the best experience of my life. Was I setting a high bar, yes but I had spent so long dreaming of this i had so many hopes for it. I just hoped it lived up to them. I looked around and I had to stop myself from fangirling too much I mean stood in this room alone, was Mary Earps, Alessia Russo, Ella Toone and Katie Zelem, the Man United gang. The fact that I was considered on the same level as them was insane.

After about 10 minutes of awkwardly standing there Sarina came in and told everyone to follow her and find a seat in the conference room. This was where it began the start of the journey we all sat down, it was clear there were natural groups forming mostly from the teams that people were in but also some based on age and then people randomly sprinkled around. Then there was me awkwardly hovering in the back not really sure where to sit, it didn't help that the only chair left was right at the front where I would have to walk past everyone so that definitely wasn't go to happen. So there I was just stood at the back thankfully no one had noticed yet until Sarina came in and called out loud.

Sarina: ''Ellis there is a seat up front why don't you come and sit down''

This is when everyone's heads snapped in my direction and I dont think I have ever been more red in the face. I slowly walked to the front trying to clear my mind of what I though people would think. It felt like it took me about 3 hours but it was probably only around 10 seconds again my head just wouldn't shut up. So I sat down ready for the usual introduction speeches you get at these kind of things.

Sarina: '' Hi everyone, firstly I just wanted say well done for all getting here this is an amazing achievement to represent your country at the highest level it is something you should all be proud of. Unfortunately not all of you will make it into the final squad but I just want everyone to enjoy this time and play the best football you can. No matter the outcome I think we all will have learnt things about not only your self but also about others and the amazing group of women that are here''

'' I just wanted to go over some of the things we will be doing and the general plan over the next few days. Obviously there will be some football but I also would like us to bond as a team , as I believe that is what will take us far in the upcoming tournament is the bond we share as a group and the trust that we are able to put into each other''

''I know there are a few new faces here so I thought the first thing we could do was a little bit of a get to know each other activity, so we will go round and say your name, age, position and what club you play for''

You could tell from the moment she started speaking people had so much respect for her they were clinging onto every word she said and believing. She was one of the people who just inspires you and believes in you even if they don't really know you. It instilled a sense of confidence in myself and made me believe a little bit more. However, after she finished there were a few groans from the older players who I'm guessing didn't want to share their age. We carries on though, we moved our chairs into a big circle and thankfully Sarina started at the other side so I was closer to the end. I guess this worked in two ways it allowed me time to build up the nerves but also time to think about what to say, not that it was hard I just didn't want to mess up.

It finally arrived at me and all faces were staring directly at me, people were smiling clearly trying to make me feel welcome. So I started ''Hi I'm Ellis, I'm 17''. When I said that you could see the shock on peoples faces as I'm guessing they didn't expect anyone so young which would make sense as it was unusual. A few people looked impressed that I was here at such a young age. But there was one face that stood out in particular Leah Williamson, everyone else seemed to have at least a little reaction to it but she just kept stone faced as if she was thinking something really important. Which I'm sure she was as captain. Anyway I carried on ''I play as a forward but mainly as a striker and I play for Wolfsburg.''. I was glad it was over and onto the next person and every once in a while someone would look my way and shoot me a quick smile. I could tell they were nice, I didn't really listen to the other introductions as lets be honest I already knew all of their names and I was too caught up in my own head.

After the game Sarina gave us some time to catch up with people and chat. In my case it was probably to get to know people. I was expecting to just stand their on my own but I was shocked when 4 people started walking my way.

Lucy Bronze, Kiera Walsh, Georgia Stanway and Leah Williamson, my heart started racing these people were my heroes and they were coming over to talk to me I wondered what they were going to say.
————————————————————————
Thanks for reading I will update every Sunday, if you have any suggestions please comment and if you enjoy please vote :)