Dinner

We made it into the dining room,  I was trying to keep my head high to move on this was still the first day and I still wanted this to be the day of my dreams. It still could be that it was one small blip I just needed to carry on. I walked into the dining hall ready for the social challenge of where you sit. Thankfully it seemed that it had already been decided for me when Leah was beckoning me over to sit with her Lucy, Kiera, Georgia, Beth and Lotte. I had my food and I was ready for attempt number 2.

They were all smiling seeming ready to not address the elephant in the room, my panic attack. Which I was grateful for, it seemed the topic of conversation was, which animal would win a football match a team of flamingos or a team of hedgehogs. How they got onto this topic I have absolutely no idea but the answer is obviously flamingos as hedgehogs would pop the ball. Beth seemed to have other ideas.

Beth: ''Obviously the hedgehogs would win the flamingos wouldn't be able to tackle the ball as they would get hurt so the hedgehogs would run all over them''

Clearly I felt passionately about this topic which shocked me, but never the less I was still taking an active part in the debate.

Ellis: ''I'm sorry but that is clearly the wrong answer the hedgehogs would pop the ball so they wouldn't get anywhere, at least the flamingos could kick the ball without popping it''

Beth: ''I can't believe you think that, this is clearly an open and shut case, would you want to kick a big ball of spikes just to get the ball'

Ellis: '' No but the hedgehogs wouldn't get the ball as they move at about 2 miles per century so they aren't getting anywhere fast plus they would pop it''

The rest of the table were basically on the floor laughing at how me and Beth were being so serious about something so stupid and by the end I was in fits of giggles as well.

Third person pov:

You could see the smile on Leah's face when she saw Ellis laughing it was nice to see her laugh it was such a stark contrast to the girl we had seen a few hours ago that could barely breath. She just wanted to help her in any way she could. The rest of dinner passed smoothly with Ellis coming more out of her shell as the night progressed, you could see people were happy that she was back to smiling as people were worries about what happened before. But they decided to just leave as that's what she seemed to be happiest with.

After dinner it was time for the games, everyone was excited as Sarina was dropping subtle hints throughout the meal. So she took everyone to the chill room ready for the team bonding to commence. Everyone was nervous but excited we were separated into groups of our positions, the forwards, midfielders, Defenders and the Goalkeeper union. People started getting very competitive it was going to be a fun night.

Ellis's pov:

This was already turning out to be a good night, it seems Sarina took inspiration from a games night the Arsenal girls had a few years ago. As I remember watching the Instagram stories and videos that were circulating round after that. The first one was where we had tights on our heads and an orange put in the bottom the aim was to knock over a bottle on the floor by moving your head. It was harder than you think to be honest as it was hard to line the orange up with the bottle.

Leah was not the best at it and she was getting annoyed it was quite brilliant, and you could barely hear anyone as everyone was laughing so much. There were more games to follow which were just as funny, it really did feel like I was getting to know these girls. I hoped that this was going to be the start of an amazing experience.

I was exhausted by the end, even though it was only 10 I had, had a pretty full on day so I was spent. I excused myself and headed up to my room, I was rooming with Hempo so I was excited for that she was also one of the younger members of the team. Plus she had made her debut when she was a teenager as well so maybe she could help me with some of the nerves.

She seemed like a nice person and I was excited to get to know her, that was the confidence in me I wish that was the only part of me as it would be so easy to just be self-confident and have belief in myself. I was terrified I was sharing a room with one of the best young footballers in the world, I would be sleeping in the same room her what if I embarrassed myself I wouldn't be able to escape to anywhere.

That was the part of me that never seemed to go away I wish it was the other way around but it always seemed to come back to bite. Tonight was so good I just wish it would carry on, I just wish that I didn't have to overthink everything but I guess that is me and I just have to find ways to move past it but how hard would that be I don't know.
————————————————————————
Thanks for reading I will update every Sunday, if you have any suggestions please comment and if you enjoy please vote :)