Bapa: chapter 5 (The Walk)

Chapa POV:

It's 6PM and it's raining outside. I love rain. The sound of rain makes me feel calm and the raindrops falling into my face make me feel alive. We all had to stay a little longer at S.W.A.G to get our powers under control and practice fighting with them. I'd say we did a pretty good job. Miles' power is almost under his control now, Bose's power is working good, but he still has to focus on the objects he wants to move with his mind, and Mika already got her power under control and it actually surprised me, because she only found out about her powers yesterday. But I know when Mika wants something, she actually goes for it and gets it done.

Ray finally let us leave. Nobody knows I don't live with my parents anymore. I currently live in an old, abandoned house in the woods, which is actually bigger than you'd think. When I was a kid, I used to play secretly around the house with my sister. I remember the previous owner of this house once invited us in and told us stories about it, I have no clue what happened with the old lady and her husband who used to live here, but I assumed she died a few years ago and the husband left town. I also remember they had a 27 year old son who lived there with them.

Even though it's an creepy old house, I still somehow feel safe there. Most of the time it's cold there, but I'm lucky the house still has available water left in its taps. The house is still decorated, but it's old and dusty. I have to be honest. I miss my old bedroom, hot showers and a warm house. But I'd prefer to live in this abandoned house without my family. They never supported me. None of them did.

We all are about to leave when Miles says: ''I can teleport you guys to your houses if you want. The weather seems pretty bad.''

''No thanks I'm good, I'll just walk home.'' I say. Even if I lived in my own, normal house, I would still choose to walk trough the rain.

''Okay then, what about you Bose?'' He says.

''Oh uhm, I'm going to walk home too, but thank you man.'' Bose catches me staring at him, then he smiles. I smile back.

''You sure? The rain is pretty heavy right now.''

''Yeah I'm good, I got an umbrella.''

''Okay, you guys have a good night.''

''You too.'' Bose and I both say. When Miles teleports him and Mika, Bose and I stay behind. Together.

''So which way leads to your house?'' He asks me.

''Left, and yours?'' I say.

''Well I can go both ways, it doesn't really matter. I can walk with you if you want. You can have my umbrella.'' He's nice. And very gentle. But we both know I don't need his protection nor his umbrella. But I would like to walk with him a little bit. So then I say: ''Cute, but you know I can walk home myself right?'' Oh. I called his action 'cute'.

''I know,'' He says with a big smile on his face. ''I only just wanted to offer it.'' He blushes. ''So, can I walk with you?'' He waits for my answer.

I tease him and doubt it a little but then I say: ''Yeah of course.''

We make our first steps into the rain when he asks me: ''You sure you don't want my umbrella? I'm fine with the rain you know.''

''No thanks.''

''You sure?''

''Yeah I'm sure, now let's go.''

We stay quiet for a few seconds, but then he asks me: ''So, where do you live exactly?'' I was already afraid he would ask, but I expected it. ''Oh uhm North Swellview.'' I hate lying, so I don't make my answer too specific, because I know eventually I have to lie about it. I don't want people to know I live in an creepy, abandoned house, so then I continue with: ''What about you?''

He seems confused but then he starts talking: ''Yeah about that... my mom married the Vice Mayor of Swellview. So now I live in this big ass house, also in North Swellview.''

Okay but what did I just hear? His stepdad is basically the Vice Mayor of Swellview?! I'm not trying to sound too surprised.

''Wow that's cool, I did not expect that, you must live in your dream house!'' Since when did I get this interested in people? Or is it just because I'm talking to Bose? We've definitely become closer since we met and started with Danger Force.

''Well it's cool yeah, but the Vice Mayor is not my biggest fan.'' I noticed he tried to smile and to sound it less sad. I actually feel bad for him.

''Oh I'm sorry to hear that.'' I say.

''No it's okay, don't be sorry. He makes my mom happy and that's all what matters to me.'' He has the most caring soul. It's beautiful.

Right now it's 6:10. It's still raining, my hair, jacket and pants are fully wet, I know I'm going to regret this soon. Bose is telling me some things about himself, only positive things though. I feel guilty he is telling me so much about his life and I'm not telling him anything. But he'd probably appreciate me listening to his stories.

Then he stops walking and talking, he cuts himself off and says: ''Chapa, I'm sorry to talk about this again, but I can't just let you walk next to me and watching you getting cold and wet by the rain. Let me just give you my umbrella.'' His concern is so adorable. While I stand still, looking at him, I say nothing. I just want to watch him. While I'm watching him, he slowly shoves his umbrella into my hand. I don't say a word.

When we start walking again, I finally realize how bad I wanted this umbrella. I love to be in the rain, but coming home fully wet and cold in a cold house with no heating, that's torture. So I'm glad I didn't stop him from giving me his umbrella.

We walk and talk, his body and hair is getting wet too right now. Then I stop walking when we're standing in front of the entrance of the woods. ''Left or right?'' He asks.

"Uhm, I- I live in the woods..." I can't lie to Bose. Not after all the things he told me.

"Huh but, where? I don't understand."

"Never mind. You go your way, I go mine."

"No but, is it even safe there? Where are you heading?!" He looks so confused, I feel sorry for him he has to deal with this. "Chapa I don't understand, please tell me what's going on."

"No I- I'm fine, just go home, I'll be fine."

"No Chapa, please I beg you, just explain things to me, I don't want you to go out there into the woods all by yourself."

I sigh. "Bose I don't want to bother you with all my problems."

"What? You'd really think you'd bother me with that?" He looks surprised. "Chapa you can tell me anything, you don't have to be scared or embarrassed. I will never force you to tell me things, but right now, this doesn't make sense. Just tell me why you keep saying you have to go into the woods."

I suddenly get a relieved feeling, what was I thinking? Bose would never judge me or laugh at me.

I start talking, explaining myself to him.

"Chapa, I don't know what to say, I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine-" I cut him off and say: "No I understand, you don't have to feel sorry for me, I'm alright."

"Don't lie to yourself Chapa. Why didn't you tell me this earlier, or someone else? We could've figured this out together."

"Because I was afraid people would laugh at me and not take me serious."

"Please don't think that, we would never laugh at you for this." He looks concerned but yet so calm. We are both quiet for a second. Then I suddenly say: "Sorry, Bose I'm so sorry, for all of this."

I turn around, I don't want to face him right now. But then suddenly, his hands are wrapped around my waist from behind. Carefully he gives me a soft hug, he waited for me to allow him to hug me. His chin is now on my shoulder from behind. His mouth is next to my ear, then he whispers: "Never apologize for this ever again." He gives me a feeling I never thought I needed.

Then I turn around to face him, he still has his arms wrapped around my waist, and I don't want to let go of him. I look at him and smile.

"Come with me." he says.