Chapter 5, "You make me feel safe."

Jasmine's POV - 

I thought for a second. Get out of here?  

No, no, no, no, no. No way in hell am I going anywhere with Jason. I barely even know him! 

Why am I getting butterflies.... 

"Stop the van." I told Huxbee. 

He just kept the van going, and Jason just ignored me. 

"STOP THE DAMN VAN!" I screamed. 

The van suddenly came to a complete stop. 

Jason turned around to look at me, as I was getting out of the van. 

He got out, right after I did. Gosh, I hate him so much....but, his caramel eyes and his perfect hair..NO. STOP JASMINE JUST STOP. 

"Jasmine, where are you going?!" He said, in a low tone. 

I just gave him one of those looks. "Wherever you aren't." I spit.  

Jason's serious face went into a hurt face. I can't stand to see him like that. Wait, what? 

"Just be safe, okay?" He said. His jawline was perfect....No, stop. You don't like him, and he doesn't like you. 

I stomped away from him, all the way to my house.  

I felt so bad about what I just said to Jason. He wanted me safe. But, from what?

Jason's POV -

It hurt, really bad, just to see her like that. I like Jasmine. I feel so much anger right now....I need to get it out. 

"GET YOU'RE ASS IN THE VAN MCCANN!" Huxbee yelled. 

"No, I'm walking." I told him as he started up the van and left.

I walked home, which wasen't that far away. I sat down on the couch thinking about what to do. Then my blackberry rang.

I picked it up, and a really deep voice said, "Hello, Jason."

"What the hell do you want, and who are you." I said, clenching my fist.

"Just a friend. I found yours by the way." he snickered.

"What do you mean, 'You found mine'?" I said back.

"I found you're lady friend that I ran into earlier." he chuckled.

"Timothy. What do you want?" I spit.

"You're ladys looking fine right now." he chuckled.

I heard a little scream through the phone, that's when I knew he was with her.

I stood up, grabbing my gun.

"LEAVE HER ALONE, TIMOTHY. YOU DON'T WANT HER, YOU WANT THE MONEY!" I yelled.

"Better get here soon." he laughed and then hung up.

I was so angry. I took a bat, and smashed my phone.

Jasmine's house wasn't that far away, so I ran there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I climbed up the side of her house because I knew if I went in through the front door, Stokes would have caught me.

I slipped inside of a room and looked around. Yeah, I was in Stokes' room.......whoops.

I went out of his room and found my way into Jasmine's room.

She ran up to me, and put her arms around me, crying on my chest. 30 minutes ago she didn't like me, now shes hugging me. 

"Jasmine, what happened?" I said. 

"T-timothy...he was here." She said. 

I rubbed her back softly and picked her up.  

I carried her over to the bed and tucked her in. 

"I'm going to leave this right here for you. If Timothy comes, just shoot him." I said, placing a gun on the nightstand. 

Jasmine grabbed my hand and said, "Please d-don't leave...I want you to s-stay."

Jasmine's POV -

I knew my dad wasn't coming home until after school tomorrow, and I'm just really scared....Jason makes me feel safe. 

Jason got into my bed with me and I cuddled up close to him, putting my hand on his chest. 

"Jason," i said, holding his shirt tight. 

"Yes?" he said. 

"I know why I wanted y-you to stay." I said. I have no idea why I'm stuttering. 

"Why is that?" He said, brushing his fingers through my hair. 

"You make me feel safe." I said. 

There was a long pause, about 2 minutes, before he spoke. 

"But you aren't safe with me." He said, slowly. 

"Your the only reason I'm still here. Who knows what they would have done to me if you-" he cut me off. 

"Just, go to sleep." He said, turning off the light and cuddling close to me.  

I really did feel safe in his arms.

-------------------------------------------

I woke up to some screaming coming from outside. I got up, and opened the window to listen. 

"CARTER, WHY WOULD YOU TELL HIM THAT!!?" Jason yelled. 

"I DIDN'T, IT SLIPPED OUT OF MY MOUTH! IT'S NOT LIKE I WANT HIM TO KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO BE!" Carter screamed. 

"WELL, IN 3 DAYS HE'S GOING TO GO CRAZY, HUXBEE LIVED WITH HIM FOR 6 YEARS AND I'VE LIVED WITH HIM FOR 3. HE'S GOING TO KILL US!" Jason yelled again. 

In 3 days it was the school dance! That's when Timothy is going to do something! 

"JASON, YOU'RE BETTER THAN TIMOTHY! YOU KNOW YOU CAN KILL HIM!" Carter yelled back. 

I looked over at the gun on the bedside table. There was a note attached.

Jasmine, 

I'm going out with Carter to see if I can find anything that will help us with Timothy. Stay at home, and keep the gun close by. 

~Jason

Great. He's going to leave me alone while Timothy could be anywhere.

I looked back outside, the maroon van, Jason, and Carter where gone. I picked up my phone and dialed Jason's number. No answer. I sent him a text, instead of calling again.

Jason, what about school today? -Jasmine

I can't talk right now, but I'll be at school after lunch is over. Take the gun with you. Be safe. -Jason

I swear I'm going to kick Jason when I see him, he can't just leave me alone! I don't know how to use a gun!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch was over, and Jason wasn't back yet. It's already halfway though 6th period and-

I was cut off by Jason's voice.

"Sorry that I'm late Mrs. Lauter." Jason said as he sat down in the seat next to me.

"Its alright Jason, just don't do it again." she said, continuing the lesson.

Jason's face was bruised badly and there was blood on his left arm.....wtf?