Chapter 14, "Help"

JASON MCCANN

"How the hell did you know my last name?" I growled through my teeth. He hesitated for a moment before answering my question. "Come on, I asked you a question. Answer it," I spat, pushing him back another step. "Don't---Touch me," he growled. Again, I pushed him another step back into a table. Everyone else in the restaurant didn't seem to care what we were doing.

"Jason, just sit down and forget it," Zack ordered. I ignored him, waiting for my answer from the ballerina over here. "What are you waiting for, a written invitation?" I asked, anger flaring in my eyes. It took him a second before he grew balls and punched me in the mouth.

I slowly pulled my arm back, and connected my fist with his jaw, putting him on his ass. "Jason!" Jasmine shrieked, helping Jake up. Seriously? He fucking hit my first! Are you blind!?

I scoffed, sitting back down in my chair. They left a few minutes later. I do have my suspicions about Jake though...everything just doesn't seem right. You don't know somebody's name if you've never met them. Unless somebody mentioned you...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JASMINE STOKES

Jake slid my light brown leather jacket off onto the floor, kissing my lips repeatedly. He found his way down to my shirt, sliding it over my head. Before he could kiss me, I pushed him back. "Hold on." I fake smiled as I walked into the bathroom, shutting the door quickly. Oh god.

I leaned back against the wall, slipping my blackberry out of my jean pocket. I can't call my parents, they would murder me. I can't call Sam, she won't care. I scrolled down my contacts, until I hit one name. Jason.

He would care. He'd help....I hope. I bit my lip and dialed the number, putting the phone up to my ear. After what felt like 10 minutes, Jason finally picked up. "Hello?" he coughed. I could hear yelling in the background. "Hey, I need you're help," I sighed. I heard a few things break, and some more screaming. "What do you need?--Hey, hey! Put that down!" he yelled, like someone else was in the room with him. "What's going on Jason?" I asked. "Nothing, now what do you need?" I rolled a piece of hair back behind my ear. He never tells me anything about his 'work'. "Jake was about to...uuh...do it with me," I told him. "Like, sex?" he asked, more screaming coming from the background.

"Yeah, I need you to come get me from his house, please, Jason." I pleaded. I heard a big band coming from the other end. "Okay, fine," he sighed. "Where you at?" he asked. I sighed in relief. "2314 Oak Trail." "Be there in a sec," and with that, he hung up. I slid my phone back into my pocket and opened the door.

"Hey, uhm. My dad's coming to pick me up," I lied, grabbing my shirt, sliding it onto my body. "Why?" he asked. "I uh, have to help him with work. Bye." I slid my jacket on and left. Jason's car was already parked in the driveway. I smirked, and sat in the passengers side of his car, noticing that we had company.

"Who's that?" I asked, pointing to the boy in the back seat. "Oh, some guy who wouldn't shut up about his money," he answered, pulling out of the driveway. "Oh." "I want my money McCann!" the man shouted. "Hey, shut up! Did I fucking ask you to speak?" Jason yelled, taking a gun from his back pocket. How does he do this while driving? I noticed that when Jason had turned around to look at the man, he had a large cut on his forehead.

"What happened?" I asked, pointing at his head. "Work." "What the hell do you mean, 'work'?" I spat. Last time I checked, work doesn't involve getting beaten. I sighed, sitting back in my chair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait, why aren't you taking me home?" I asked. "I will in a sec, let my deal with this asshole," he told me, grabbing the guy in the back. "I want my money!" the man spat. "You'll get you're god damn money, now walk!" Jason yelled, shoving the man up the driveway. I know my dad's probably going to kill me. Maybe if Jason parks a few houses down and I just walk-

My train of thought was cut off when I heard 2 loud gun shots blast through my ears. Jason came out seconds later and got into the car, starting it up. "What happened to that guy?" I asked, curious to see if he was the one shot. "Dead," he answered. "You can't just kill him because he wanted his money!" I flared. "Hell, yes I can. I can do what I want," he spat.

"And what if you get caught?" "I'm not going to. Just drop the subject." he growled. "Jason if you get caught you'll go back to jail," I argued. "You know what, I'll just get out like last time. Now drop it." he growled through his teeth. I sighed and looked out the window, waiting for him to pull up to my house.