Feelings

Minho's Pov

Alex has been here for over a month now and today we're supposed to be getting a new Greenie. After that night I overheard Alex and Newt talking I've been more interested in her. She doesn't talk to anyone besides Alby and Newt. Hopefully I can change that. The alarm sounded signaling the arrival of the new Greenie. Everyone including Alex gathered around the metal box. Finally the door opened. By far this Greenie was the youngest of us all. He looked to be around thirteen. I saw Alex across from Alby. I wasn't listening to anything he was saying. Alex was no doubt gorgeous. She was about as tall as me at 5'7. She was well defined and she looked like she could have been a runner. Her eyes were a crystal blue that held an icy yet mesmerizing stare. She sure could be intimidating when she wanted to be.

"Minho? Are you listening to me?"Alby asked.

" I'm sorry what? " I replied a little embarrassed.

" Show Chuck around."

" It's alright Alby, I'll do it." Alex chimed in. This was the first time anyone heard her talk since the night Alby called the gathering. Of all people, Newt looked the most upset. I wonder what happened between those two in the past. I hope they didn't date. Woah. Where did that come from? Since when do I care what she does? She was rude to me the first day we met so why do I care? It's not like I like her.

" No it's okay. I will," I interjected. I motioned for Chuck , I think that's what the kid said his name was, to follow me. I showed him everywhere and explained all the rules. I then began to introduce him to everyone here. I pointed over to Alex and Newt.

" The girl over there is Alex and the boy is Newt." I explained to Chuck.

My jaw and fists clenched when Newt put his hands on her shoulders. He can't touch her. That should be me over there touching her shoulders and making her laugh like that.

" Are you jealous Minho? "Chuck asked me.

" Pfft. No. Why would you think I was jealous of Newt? " I questioned in reply.

"Maybe your white knuckles and clenched jaw mean something. Why don't you go talk to her?"

I instantly relaxed. Maybe I am jealous of Newt. I realized that I wouldn't have a shot with her. Her and Newt are always together. They've probably already got something going on.

" I can't Chuck. It's not that simple," I said after a while.

"So you do like Alex? " He asked.

" Yeah. I think so." I stated as Newt made his way toward us.

"Hey Chuck. Head on down to the mess hall. I need to talk to Minho about something important." Newt said.

Chuck nodded his head and ran off. I gave Newt a questioning look as he put his hand on my shoulder. He lead us off towards the forest. He looked almost upset. What happened between Alex and him? He stopped walking and looked me in the eyes.

"I saw you earlier."Newt began.

"You saw me doing what?" I asked confused.

" C'mon Minho, it was obvious you were staring at Alex. "

" And?" On the inside I was terrified. I was sure it wasn't obvious that I was staring. And now Newt seems like he knows something. I hope he doesn't tell her since they're best friends.

" You like her don't you? Big Bad Minho finally has some feelings for someone."

" No I don't."

" Yes you do, you don't have to deny it. I'm actually quite happy you do. "

" What? You're happy I like your best friend?"

Newt smirked to himself. What? Oh, I just admitted to liking Alex.

"Yeah. I am."

"Why did you look so upset earlier? " I asked changing the subject. I needed Newt off of my back. His smile faded again.

"Alex just isn't the same. She was so different before her accident. It's almost as if I don't know her anymore. But that's where you come in."

"What? "

"If anyone, you can bring back the old Alex. You'll quite like her I'm sure. She's a lot like you."

Newt left me there dumbfounded. He wants me to bring the old Alex back. I've got so many questions. But now I know I've got feeling for Alex. What am I going to do?