Promise

Alex's Pov

"Is she dead?"

"Shut up. Of course she's alive."

"Did she get stung?"

I awoke to voices coming from the Gladers.

"She's awake!" someone screamed.

I opened my eyes and was blinded by the lights. It took a second for me to adjust to the brightness. Once my eyes came into focus I saw Newt standing above me.

"You okay? " he asked as he held his hand out for me.

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me to a standing position. "Yes I'm okay. My back hurts though from sleeping in such an awkward position.

Thomas looked at me weirdly.

"What?" I asked him.

"You're complaining about your back hurting when your thigh is bloody?" He asked almost in disbelief.

I shrugged my shoulders and nodded my head yes. He shook his head and it earned him a laugh from me. I looked around and saw Thomas, Newt, Alby, Gally, Frypan, Kacie, and even Chuck standing around me. But the one person I was looking for wasn't there.

"Where's Minho?" I questioned. It kind of hurt that he wasn't here. He wasn't with Teresa right? That shank.

"The poor boy is probably asleep. He stayed up almost all night by the maze doors. I can't even begin to tell you how bloody worried he is about you, " Newt replied.

"Once he fell asleep we moved him to the med jack tent," Thomas added.

Minho's Pov

I was so worried about Alex. She had to be okay. I had to fix things between us. I don't think I could take it if she died and we weren't on good terms. I stayed up as late as I could by the Maze doors. I don't know what I thought it would accomplish. There was no way the door would open.

I guess I had fallen asleep and Thomas carried me to the med Jacks tent. Which was where I still was, half asleep. Every once in a while Clint or Jeff would come in to make sure that I was okay.

I felt someone move my arm slightly. I ignored it. I didn't want to get up just yet. Whoever it was continued to move my arm.

"Will you guys just leave me alone?" I said slightly annoyed.

"I think you need to get up," a female voice said.

My eyes shot opened and I saw Alex standing above me. I immediately sat up, wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. I was surprised when she hugged me back but I didn't complain.

"I was so worried about you, " I mumbled into the crook of her neck.

"So I've heard," she said softly.

I stopped hugging her and looked at her. Her hair was messed up and she looked exhausted.

"You're not hurt are you? " I asked. She didn't say anything. Then I noticed the makeshift bandage around her thigh. I gave her a look saying she needed to explain.

She explained what happened and I looked at her in awe. She was tough.

"I'm glad you're okay, " I said to her. I wanted to kiss her but I refrained from doing so. We weren't together anymore and I didn't want to upset her.

Before I could speak Alby came in the room and said, "Minho. I know you were extremely worried but you've got a job to do."

I groaned, said goodbye to Alex and ran the towards the Maze. I guess it wouldn't all be bad, it would give me time to think about how I was going to make it up to Alex.

The end of the day was drawing near and I figured out exactly what I was going to do. I made my way to the mess hall, knowing that's where Alex would be. Just like I thought,  she was sitting at the far right table with Kacie. I walked up to them.

"Hey Kacie, think I could steal Alex for a little while?" I asked her. I looked at Alex to make sure she was okay with it and she seemed fine with it.

"If you must Minho. I want her back though," she said crossing her arms.

"Will do.  Hey I think Newt is looking for you. "

A blush immediately appeared on her cheeks. Yep they'll be together soon, watch. Kacie silently excused herself.

I motioned for Alex to follow me and she did.  I led her to my room and she seemed puzzled.

"Why did you bring me to your room?" She asked clearly confused.

"I have something for you and I wanted it to be special and just us when I give it to you, " I replied.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my gift.

"Hold your hand out, " I told her.  " I'm really sorry about what happened with Teresa. I was so stupid. I really thought you were the one kissing me and I realized too late. She's been trying to tear us apart since she got her and I promised myself I wouldn't let her but I broke my promise. I wanted to make it up to you. When I was out in the Maze I was thinking about you and how I could fix things. I had to apologize to you but I also made you this. "

I opened my hand to reveal a ring that I made out of the vines in the maze. It took a while to make it but it was for Alex and she deserved it to be of quality.

Alex looked stuned, "Minho..."

"I made you this ring to wear so you would be reminded that I want to be with you and only you. You're the only girl that I want. I promise you that I'm yours."

I gently slid the ring on her finger. She studied it.

"It's beautiful Minho. Thank you, " she said quietly.

"Alex, will you be mine again?"

Hey guys! Thanks for all of the likes and comments. I really appreciate it. So, what do you think of what Minho did for Alex? Comment what you guys think will happen next or what you'd like to see happen with Alex and Minho.