Nightmare

Alex's POV

I was not in the mood to deal with her today. I woke up in a pleasant mood and I had a feeling she was about to turn it completely around. I internally sighed and glared at her. She wasn't worth my breath so I ignored her.  I lowered my head and stuck my fork into the remaining eggs I had on my plate.

"Out of the slammer already?" Minho asked quietly.

He seemed a bit uneasy. She, however, seemed normal.

"Alby let me out and said I had to be on my best behavior. It wasn't like I really did anything that bad though," she replied with a disgustingly sweet tone of voice.

I dropped my fork as soon as the words left her mouth. The clank of my fork against the plate was the only sound in the mess hall. The tension was thick. It earned her a hard stare from me. She batted her eyelash as if to dare me to speak. She was trying to get under my skin. It was working but she didn't have to know that.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Minho asked.

"I said it wasn't like I really did anything that bad." she repeated in the same tone she used earlier.

"Kissing my boyfriend isn't bad?" I stated with an even tone.

"He kissed me back. Bad? No. That's depends on who you ask. At least I didn't break any rules."

"And trapping someone in the maze isnt?!" My fist began to clench. This girl is insane.

"You punched me!"

I snickered. Yeah I did punch her. It was well deserved. She was still sporting a faded bruise from where my fist connected with her eye.

"That I did. That's the first correct statement you've said all day. Actually,  since you've been here," I said with sarcasm laced in my tone.

She rolled her eyes and I caught her slightly wince. Yeah I bet it hurt. Don't mess with me. She must've seen the grin that was growing on my face and knew what I was thinking because she shot up, collected her food, and huffed away. Good riddance.

"I thought she'd never leave," I stated as I relaxed and finished the rest of my food.

"Thomas told me to make sure you try not to rearrange her face. If she stayed any longer I just might have stood by and ate popcorn while you did, " he replied with a chuckle. " Hey. I want to take you to the Medjacks. I know you seem fine and you've been doing well but I want to make sure your wound is healing properly."

He's so sweet. I simply nodded my head. He seemed like he wanted to take care of me. Who was I to deny him. I mean he is Minho after all as he'd say.

We stood up and he led us to the Medjacks tent. Minho briefly explained what he wanted done and I hopped on the bed. Honestly , I forgot I even had the wound in my thigh. I rolled my pant leg up high enough for them to examine it. Out of the corner of my eye I caught Minho wiggling his eyebrows. I shook my head. That boy has issues.

"You're looking all good," Jeff said. " There's no sign of any infection. It'll heal up nicely. Anything else?"

"Actually yes. When can I get this cast off my arm?  It's getting really annoying," I said.

"Another week and you should be able to take it off."

I nodded and thanked him. Sounds good to me. Oddly enough,  my head started to hurt. I clutched the side of my head and laid back on the bed. Immediately Minho sprung up and was by my side.

"Alex? Are you okay? Alex? Can you hear me?" Minho repeatedly said as he held my other hand.

His voice began to drown out and my vision began to get clouded. Darkness enveloped me. I knew what this was, another nightmare. Or was it something else ?