Always

Alex ' s Pov

He promised that he'd always be here for me, that'd he'd never leave my side. It was obvious he cared so much about me. Don't get me wrong he was becoming my everything. Honestly, I was scared. My brother Eric had said the same thing to me and look what happened to him. He's dead because of me. I couldn't let Minho get hurt or worse because of me too. So I ran. I ran deep into the Deadheads trying to find a place where'd I'd be alone. It hurt to hear him calling me. He had such pain in his voice. I tried to push those thoughts out of my head.

I climbed one of the trees and laid in the branches, starting up at the stars. The stars were truly beautiful. They were free. Why couldn't we be? I was too distracted by the stars to hear someone approaching.

" Alex!" The person yelled.

Who was that? I jolted straight up. That was a huge mistake. I lost my balance and fell out of the tree. I groaned in pain as I landed on my arm. I tried to calm myself down and not think about the searing pain in my arm.

"Alex!?" It turns out it was Minho calling me name. He came into my view and look at me, pain written all over his face. He must have understood that I was in an uncomfortable position and came rushing over to me.

"What's wrong?! Are you hurt? What am I saying? Obviously you are. Hold on Alex. I'll get you to a Med Jack." Words were scrambling out of his mouth as he gently picked me up. I groaned in pain and my arm moved. I couldn't remember how many seconds passed , but we were in the Med Jacks tent in no time. He gently laid me on one of the exam tables .

"Minho I'm fine. And look. About earlier," I began trying to explain myself.

" Sshh. That doesn't matter right now. All that matters is that you're okay," Minho Said interrupting me.

I nodded my head and allowed the other two med jacks to take care of me. After they gave me medicine, I slowly began to fall asleep. The last thing I knew before darkness enveloped me, was Minho kissing my forehead.

"Sleep well Alex. I'm here no matter what, " he said gently.