New Beginnings

Minho's Pov

These past few weeks have been some of the best of my life. Alex and I are actually friends. She's began to open up to me and I no doubt feel honored. Every time Alex and I sit together during dinner, Newt sends me a knowing smirk. Alex won't go back into the Maze again. Hopefully I'll get her to, there are so many questions I need to ask her. Thomas and Alex seemed to have patched things up. Whenever she isn't with me she's with Thomas. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. I really don't want her hanging around him. But it isn't like I could tell her other wise, I'm not her boyfriend;yet. I really needed to change that. As I rounded the Glade entrance I spotted Newt. I figured I needed to get some advice on how to ask her out.

" Hey Minho, " Newt smiled.

" Hey Newt," I replied.

" Have you asked her out yet? You know if you don't ask her soon, there are plenty of Shanks who will. Like Thomas for example. "

" That's actually why I'm here. I have no clue what to do? What does she like? "

" I never thought I'd see the day when Minho was helpless. "

" Newt you shank I'm being serious. This is important."

" You really like her don't you? "

" More than anything. Now can you help me? "

Newt nodded his head. For the next hour he and I came up with the perfect plan to ask her out.

Tonight there would be a gathering. That'd be the prefect time for my plan. I walked towards Alex and Thomas with the flowers I found myself. They were sitting too close together for my comfort. Alex was laughing at something he said. Her eyes are sparkling like I had never seen them before. Who was I kidding? She clearly liked Thomas. I dropped the flowers and left back to the map room.

Thomas ' s Pov

Alex and I were laughing at a story I told her about Minho when we went into the Maze the other day. Whenever I mention Minho her eyes light up. It's clear to see that there will never be anything between us. I saw Minho coming towards us out of the corner of my eye. He was holding what looked like flowers for Alex. He really must like her. I was about to get up and leave when I saw him drop the flowers and walk off. He must think Alex doesn't like him when she clearly does, he's just too blind to see it.

"Alex. I just forgot something in the map room. I'm going to go. I'll see you later, " I told her. She nodded her head in response. I picked up the flowers and ran off to find Minho. I finally caught up with him.

"Minho. You dropped these. " I told him.

"Why didn't you just give them to Alex yourself? " He replied.

" Why would I do that? "

" You obviously like her and vise versa."

" I do but so do you. "

" When has that ever stopped you? "

" Look I'm sorry about that. What you saw. .."

" I know what I saw Thomas. I really don't want to talk about it "

" Minho you're such a slinthead. We were talking about you. Every time I mention your name her eyes light up."

" really?"

" Really. How about we start over?"

" I'd like that. Thanks Thomas. "

"No problem. Now let's go get your girl. "