vi. lingering question

someone saved my life tonight;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ everything is just back to normal? ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ everything is just back to normal? ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: After Camila's mom got to the hospital, I went back to the band. I loved Camila and I cared about her so much but I needed to be with The Six. There were only a couple more official dates left before we were able to cut the tour short.

WARREN: She took Billy's place as the lead vocalist and we pushed through the last few performances. She saved us a lot of money.

ELLIE: Being the lead of a band was everything I ever wanted my entire life. At least back then. So, being in the middle of that stage with a microphone in my hand and all eyes on me felt incredible.

Sure, a part of me felt guilty that I was having the time of my life while my brother was in rehab and Cami was alone at home with a baby. Still...the second I tasted alcohol, I forgot about everybody else.

KAREN: I think that was when Teddy decided to have her record a couple of her own songs. She was a hell of a performer.

EDDIE: (Smiles proudly) Not a lot of people are that good on stage. Gabi was a bombshell, an IT girl of that time. And I'm not just saying that because she's Gabi, I'm saying that because it's a fact. You can ask everyone.

WARREN: Yeah, people loved Ellie Dunne. (Smirks)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Hey, world-famous rock star Billy Dunne." Graham grinned, his sunglasses falling down slightly on his nose. He pulled up in front of Billy's rehab center and Ellie was right next to him in the passenger seat.

Ellie let out a breathy chuckle and got out of the car to greet her older brother. She pulled him into a hug by wrapping her arms around his shoulders. Billy sighed and hugged her back. But it was not a sigh of annoyance. It was a sigh of relief.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BILLY: I was glad that Ellie and Billy never looked at me differently. Not like [Camila] did.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Graham laughed in excitement and pulled Billy into a hug the second that Ellie stepped away. She watched them with a fond smile on her face, trying to ignore the anxious feeling in her stomach.

A lot was going to change now that Billy was out of rehab. Everybody knew that.

"Eddie built his own bass, if you can believe it." Graham blurted out in the middle of the drive. "And we tried a new backing section on "Look Me in the Eye" that I think you're really gonna──"

Ellie could tell that he was just trying to ease the tension in the car. All three Dunne siblings were quiet during the first ten minutes of the drive and it was incredibly awkward.