ix. so it goes...

i saw the light;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ write your own fucking songs ❞

i saw the light;
❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ write your own fucking songs ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: I was too afraid to tell everybody about my deal with Teddy. I realized it was better to cross that bridge when I got to it by releasing my first single. At the time, "Honeycomb" was everywhere, so I didn't want to take the hype away from it by publishing a solo song. I didn't want the two songs to compete on the charts. I wasn't ready for that kind of pressure back then.

EDDIE: I wish she told us before just dropping it on us like a bomb. I would have been happy for her. But I also get why she never said anything. The pressure in the band was big and I don't think some people would have supported her decision.

Billy thought that she wanted to leave the band to pursue her own career. He thought that she didn't care about us. But if he had been with me, Gabi, Warren, and Graham when we first heard "Look At Us Now" on the radio, he would have changed his mind. The look of pure happiness on her face was obvious.

WARREN: Ellie was happier than Billy. He hated that fucking song.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ellie walked into the kitchen of the house that The Six shared with Camila and Jules. As always, the kitchen was filled with the smell of Camila's food which was unforgettable. She always went all out, even during breakfast.

Warren rushed past Ellie and grabbed a piece of bacon off of the plate that Camila was trying to set on the table.

"Save some for the rest of us!" Camila scolded him. Nonetheless, a fond chuckle escaped her lips.

"Oh, there we go." Billy scowled while his sister sat down next to him. "They live in the back house so that Camila doesn't have to feed you vultures."

"When's the last time anyone went through the mail?" Karen asked but Ellie ignored the question, too busy stuffing her plate full of Camila's food.

"I thought that was your job."

Karen's attention snapped towards Warren and she raised a sharp eyebrow. "My job?"

"Also, that pile of stuff in the sink is getting pretty big." Warren grinned jokingly and pointed toward the sink.

Ellie rolled her eyes at his comment but snorted when Karen threw a piece of food from the sink at him.

The keyboardist sat down and started going through their mail. A big smile soon graced her lips. "Uh, guys..."

"What?" Graham asked in between chews.

"Does anyone know what these are?" Karen asked and happily lifted up the envelopes for everyone to see.

Warren rushed to look over her shoulder, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?"