xx. mother's daughter

feels like the first time;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ I got something you guys will never have: financial security ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ I got something you guys will never have: financial security ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: I loved my mother. She was the strongest woman I have ever met even though she never dared to leave the comfort of Pittsburgh. She had her priorities; me, Billy, and Graham.

After our father left, she had to work two or three jobs just so we could eat and buy books for school. When I was old enough, I found a job, too. I wanted to help her as much as I could because she sacrificed her life when her fucking husband left her with three children.

When we became famous enough to not have to worry about money, I started sending her money. And when So it goes... resulted in me getting a large amount of money, I bought her a house in the richer part of Pittsburgh.

I felt bad because I only went to visit her twice after we left. Once after (Julia) was born and once for Christmas. So, I had to convince Rod to let us perform in Pittsburgh. It made sense. It's where the five of us came from.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ellie rushed to her mother the moment she got off the plane. She wrapped her arms around her shoulders and almost cried when her mom hugged her back and she breathed in the smell of the perfume she used since she was a little girl. It was the perfume she often stole when she was young and wanted to pretend like she was older and more mature.

Oh, what she would give to go back to the little girl who slept in Billy's bed when there was a storm or the girl who dressed up in her mother's old dresses. The real world was too scary.

When Ellie pulled away she saw the tears in Marlene's eyes, and her heart broke. The woman cupped Ellie's and Billy's cheeks and grinned.

"My babies are home." She cooed.

That was when Graham walked up with Karen by his side. He removed the arm that was on his girlfriend's lower back and hugged his mom.

"Mom." He breathed out when they pulled apart. "This is Karen."

"Oh!" Marlene exclaimed happily and hugged Karen without a warning.

Ellie resisted the urge to roll her eyes, slightly sick when she saw how open he was about their relationship. He was eager for his mother to meet the woman he loved. A part of Ellie was jealous because she would not have been able to do that if she and Karen stayed together. But Graham was a man which was why he could bring home whichever girl he liked.

Karen blinked in surprise and then awkwardly returned the hug. Meanwhile, Ellie snorted and Billy nudged her shoulder in warning, although there was amusement shining in his eyes.

"Daisy Jones."

Her mother's voice saying Daisy's name out loud made her breath hitch. She followed her gaze toward the redhead standing alone in the crowd while everybody reunited with their families.