xiv. clever as the devil, twice as pretty

whatever gets you thru the night;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ I'd choose you over everyone ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ I'd choose you over everyone ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: We were supposed to record our vocals for "Out of the Woods" the next morning. It was my and Daisy's song. Billy thought it was fair he gave us lead vocals for that one and I was really excited about it.

BILLY: Daisy never showed up. Ellie was really stressed about it.

We waited for hours

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

At first, Ellie thought that Daisy simply overslept. When she did not show up after morning hours already passed, she was beginning to get stressed.

The Daisy that she got to know was not a quiter so she had no idea what was going on with her.

"Look, she is clearly not showing up." Billy started while running his fingers through his curls in frustration. "I say we either call it a day or I record her part instead."

Ellie immediately shook her head and sharply said, "No. Something must have happened."

"She's probably just off somewhere..." Teddy trailed off. He was surprised that Ellie was that upset after Daisy failed to show up. She hated that woman from the moment they met. Anger, he expected. But disappointment?

"She wouldn't just bail. She cares about this record as much as we all do." Ellie insisted. She refused to meet anyone's eyes, knowing that if she did they would all see how hurt she was that she did not show up. The people in that room knew her better than anyone and she knew some could probably guess why she was upset. "I'm gonna go get her."

Billy's eyebrows raised in surprise when she got up to her feet and reached for her bag. He watched her with cautious eyes before asking, "Do you want me to come?"

"Sure." She barely spared him a glance, making his confusion grow. "We can take your car."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: I did not expect her to bail after what happened the night before. We didn't have the time to talk about it but I thought that our feelings were pretty clear after all of those songs.

BILLY: Ellie got a little tipsy in the studio so I had to drive. It was clear that she was not thinking straight.

I know that I am not one to talk but I could slowly see her addiction getting worse.

Daisy was in the pool when we got there. She looked like she was in another universe and Ellie simply stared at her in shock. So, I had to step up. Daisy did not look even a little guilty. She gave Ellie an almost provocative smirk and muttered some fake apology.