xvii. invisible string

looks like we made it;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝  you look at me whenever his arm is around you ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝  you look at me whenever his arm is around you ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: We were everywhere. We were on radio shows, opening for television shows, and doing all kinds of interviews. Our fan base grew and tickets were selling faster than ever.

The tension between me and Daisy was still high despite how successful we got simply for working together.

GRAHAM: It was ridiculous. They talked through me because they refused to speak directly to each other. Ellie would tell me to tell Daisy to do something or it would be the other way around. They only really interacted on stage.

ROD: By Christmas, they had the number three song in the country, the number nine song in the country, and the number four song in the country. So it goes... was second and Dress was eighth. We booked them on Bandstand, Midnight Special. There were rumors about Saturday Night Live. All the shows were selling out, and new dates were being added all the time. It was every band's dream come true.

ELLIE: (Huffs out a laugh) This is going to sound very middle school, but the first time I realized that I didn't see Eddie as just a friend was when a fan randomly kissed him in front of our bus. There was a crowd surrounding us and I was signing some records, pictures, and shirts. When I turned around to see where he was, I saw him kissing a pretty girl from the crowd.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Warren stared at Nicky with a fascinated look on his face. He blinked, in a daze, and asked, "So, your face is like on money and shit?"

"No, no, no, no." He shook his head and Ellie forced herself not to roll her eyes at the arrogance in his voice.

Eddie narrowed his eyes at him. "So, you're not really a prince?"

"It's complicated."

That time, Ellie actually scoffed. She lifted her head from Eddie's shoulder to give the so-called prince an accusing look. "Not really. Are you a real prince or a con artist?"

Nicky did not have a chance to answer her question because Graham was quickly jumping into the conversation with a question of his own. "Do you have land or power?"

"Yeah, land!" Warren pointed at Graham and turned to Nicky. "Do you have a job?"

"I'm a student of life."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: He was so full of shit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eddie and Warren mocked his statement and Ellie snorted. She leaned back against Eddie, who casually wrapped one of his arms around her. They were always physical over the years. Physical touch was their love language so that was how they showed each other that they cared. It never came to Ellie's mind that it could mean anything more until then.