xvi. now that we don't talk

looks like we made it;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ temptation in that bus came in all shapes and forms ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ temptation in that bus came in all shapes and forms ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: We were supposed to start the tour that winter.

GRAHAM: I mean, there was still no trace of her anywhere.

KAREN: She didn't show up to mixing, rehearsals.

WARREN: Well, some of us couldn't help but wonder if she was gone for good.

EDDIE: And I think one of us was probably hoping for that.

ELLIE: I really hoped that I was never going to see her again. But at the same time, I was furious because she left both me and the band hanging like that and because she just gave up. If she never left and if she tried fighting to save our relationship, things would have been a lot different.

And when she showed up, I remember being ready to pull her by her hair and drag her out of our recording studio solemnly because of that smug look on her face. She acted as if she hadn't abandoned us.

BILLY: I was just trying to hold this thing together.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

All of the laughter in the studio grew quiet the second that Ellie opened the door and laid her eyes on the redhead entertaining her bandmates with her stories and jokes.

Billy was sitting on the other side of the room with his guitar in his hand, completely ignoring Daisy's presence. He considered her to be unreliable and refused to indulge in her little performance. He cleared his throat and looked at his sister. "Are we ready to start?"

Ellie was too busy staring directly into Daisy's eyes to notice that his question was directed toward her. She crossed her arms across her chest and raised her eyebrows. "Look who finally decided to show up. I can't believe that you even have the fucking nerve."

"Aw," Daisy pouted. "Did you miss me? Did I hurt your feelings?"

Her words drew a scoff of disbelief from Ellie's lips and her glare became so intense that the others grew uncomfortable very quickly.

"Let's run Aurora with that intro we were kicking around." Billy chimed in with a serious look on his face. "You two can fight later. We lost too much time anyway."

"So, you want to start the set with Aurora?" Daisy asked him, looking down at the setlist with narrowed eyes. They put that together during the time that she was who knows where doing who knows what. Ellie was pretty happy with it and it took them way too much time to change it just because Daisy wanted to do it after showing up last minute.

Ellie set her bag down and rolled her eyes. "That's what we decided. Obviously."

Daisy rudely chewed her gum with her mouth open, causing Ellie to cringe in disgust. She hummed. "Interesting."