xviii. sweet nothings

looks like we made it;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ it's me ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ it's me ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Camila left the following Sunday morning and Eddie and Ellie have yet to have a conversation about the things Eddie said to her that night at the party. Ellie was sure that she wanted to try and have something with him but he was the only constant thing in her life and somebody she could not bear to live without. If their relationship failed, she would lose her best friend. She did not want to be the one to bring up their conversation because she was afraid that he did not mean it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: It was impossible for me to pretend that Daisy was okay. She changed somehow. She looked more off the rails than ever. Each night, she got worse. From missing rehearsals and sound checks to doing lines on-stage.

BILLY: She changed. And not for the better.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Groupies were standing in the small doorway with beers in their hands and smirks on their faces. They were eying up the bandmates, silently waiting for a perfect moment to strike. It almost made Ellie uncomfortable.

A giggling redhead walked over to the band and offered Ellie a drink since she was the only one empty-handed. Ellie gaped at her for a second before she took the cup out of her hand and gave her a thankful tight-lipped smile. Eddie noticed the exchange from next to her and subtly took the cup from her which she gave him without any arguments. She let out a sigh of relief and relaxed once again.

Warren groaned in defeat when Graham brushed past the groupie without sparing her another glance. Eddie sighed, almost sad that he won, "All right, come on, give me twenty bucks."

The drummer passed him a twenty-dollar bill. Ellie chuckled at the astonished look on her little brother's face. He looked between her, Warren, and Eddie in disbelief and asked, "Oh, so that was a bet?"

Graham did not hook up with any groupie the entire tour which lasted for almost a year at that point. During their first tour, he was having a blast with plenty of girls. Warren was with a different girl each night and Eddie sometimes indulged in their company but Graham looked as if someone threw him into a haunted house rather than a bus filled with girls who wanted to sleep with him.

"You know they got medicine now that could fix all that up for you, man?" Eddie teased him with a grin on his face.

"No, nobody has VD for a whole year."

Ellie groaned at Warren's retort and leaned back on the couch. "You guys are the worst. Give him a break."

"Well, then what could it be?" Eddie asked loudly. "Are you into dudes now, or something?"