xix. pages turned, bridges burned

feels like the first time;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ if I was eddie, I would not get too comfortable ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ if I was eddie, I would not get too comfortable ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When Daisy's doting husband came back in the middle of the night, Rod advised Ellie to go back to her room. She was tired and Daisy seemed fine so she went back to her and Eddie's room.

The two of them were pretty open about their relationship from the beginning. Ellie realized that keeping more secrets would only make things worse and she did not want the relationships in the band to become even more strained.

Graham and Karen chose not to comment on their relationship (in fact, neither one of them even talked to Ellie since the night when they revealed their relationship). Billy seemed taken aback but he was not exactly against it ── he was happy that his sister was happy. Daisy chose not to acknowledge it. And Warren? He was ecstatic.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

WARREN: Of course I was excited. Ellie was the best woman I knew and Eddie was my best friend. He was pining after her for as long as I could remember.

I called dibs on being the best man the second I found out, of course. (Scoffs with a smile) It's not like anyone else could compete, anyway.

CAMILA: I was a little angry that I had to hear about it from Billy. Over the phone. I was still happy for them, though.

Ellie deserved to be happy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ellie was putting on her make up the following morning when she heard somebody rapidly knocking on their hotel room door. She looked at Eddie through the open bathroom door to see him still shirtless and half-asleep with messy hair. She sighed and placed her mascara down before heading toward the door. She opened it and Daisy immediately pushed past her to walk inside.

She heard Nicky frantically calling Daisy's name and realized that the redhead was ignoring him which was why she shut the door behind her.

"Are you okay?" Ellie asked her, noting how shaken up she looked.

Daisy placed her hand on her shoulder and quietly pleaded, "I need you to tell me what happened."

Ellie sighed at the sound of Nicky still calling her name. She looked away from the door and asked, "Do you remember anything?"

"I remember that you were there." Daisy answered. Her eyes were filled with tears and her voice was incredibly shaky.

"Daisy, open the fucking door!"

"I found you passed out in the shower." Ellie started softly. "Rod called the doctor who got the drugs out of your system." She lets out a shaky breath. "You weren't breathing at some point but you got through it. When you did, I went back to my room because I didn't think you would want the first face you see to be me."